• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many Klatch said:
The NMLRA has an 18 station woodswalk that is one of the more popular events. It runs all week long. There is a category for any type of muzzleloader. Grizz and I usually compete with Military muskets and with Rifles. Our Military Musket match is a private match just between us and some close friends. Out of a possible 18 we usually need to score an 11 to be in the running just between us. If we get serious about competing we will show up with one of our smaller bore smoothbores and try for 15 or 16 to be in the overall running.

Anyway. Last year we thought that it would be fun to have all of the forum members that were at Friendship show up for the woodswalk. The targets range from 8" gongs at 100 yards to Popsicle sticks and cards at 20 feet. Chains and a steel snake at various ranges. Last year I think Jethro won it and he has the traveling trophy.

So anyone that happens to be on the Friendship grounds the first weekend will be invited to come shoot both guns and bull with your fellows from the Muzzleloading Forum.

Rules? We don't need no stinking Rules!

Many Klatch

Medic 302 has possession of the trophy at the moment. At the fall shoot he bested Jethro in the tie-breaker after they tied for hits on the course. I came in a distant third. (out of three)
Blessed be the losers, for they determine the winners.

Yep, Medic302 won the trophy fair and square at the fall shoot... by at least an inch or so. I'll be back there in June to try and get it back. Hopefully there will be a few more forum member competitors in addition to those who competed last year.
It's a good time, a fun shoot, fun shooting the bull, and a chance to meet other members face to face. Y'all need to come shoot with us!

Every muzzleloader enthusiast should go to Friendship at least once. It's really something to see. There are some things the NMLRA does or doesn't that gets me P-Oed but, even so, I'll be back yet again come June. Maybe my input can help to make the NMLRA better. :idunno:
In any case, to me, Friendship isn't about the NMLRA or winning medals, it's about the people I'll see there. Grizz and Many Klatch, and a whole slew of other friends I have made there. Silex, Randy Johnson, Medic302, lots of other forum members.
Bottom line, Friendship is about having a good time with friends! Friends I have met and the new friends I still have yet to meet. The NMLRA just runs the matches that we shoot while we're there.

I totally agree with Jethro. It was a real treat, to get to meet him and Medic at the Fall Shoot! In fact, that's when I decided to become a forum member, instead of just standing in the shadows. :haha: That is what I truly love about this hobby of ours. Lots of friendly people, who are always willing to help each other out, and point new folks in the right direction. Friendship is one of those places, where you can meet folks, and feel like you have known them all of your life. :v

Back