• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Fowler bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m in need of a Fowler type possibles bag. Just looking around right now for what’s out there. I have a 12 gauge Fowler I’m going to be doing a lot of hunting with this year and I need a good bag to carry my supplies in the field. not to heavy or bulky but sizeable enough to carry shot balls cards etc. thanks

Here's something I made up about 30 years ago to simplify my smoothbore shooting.
It's nothing more than a piece of 3/4" copper pipe soldered on one end and loose on the other. This one is 4 1/2" and will hold
12 cards and wad in the loading order. The first photo would be a Skychief style loadout, second a more traditional one.
You could make one any length that works for you.

Attachments

• IMGP0820.JPG
    IMGP0820.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP0821.JPG
    IMGP0821.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 26
Here's something I made up about 30 years ago to simplify my smoothbore shooting.
It's nothing more than a piece of 3/4" copper pipe soldered on one end and loose on the other. This one is 4 1/2" and will hold
12 cards and wad in the loading order. The first photo would be a Skychief style loadout, second a more traditional one.
You could make one any length that works for you.
Thankyou that’s a great idea. my next question was going to be on pre made loads what everyone else is using for ready made loads so this applies perfectly

I've never used pre-made loads like paper cartage in my smoothbores. Just the gadget I showed you. A powder and shot flask are pretty easy to use but fumbling around for wads and cards not so much.

I haven’t used pre made loads either. But I saw a nice setup by danny caywood not paper cartridges but a small box with plugs to hold as close to a pre charge as possible for a Fowler. I’ve always just used flasks like you described as well. but if I’m out for a short trip on the bsck 40 something I could pocket would come in handle on those occasions. but what I really need is a bag to hold all my stuff I’m finding my regular possibles bag is lacking in space

Always trying to be as HC as possible and finding a bag a bit disorganized especially with the number items needed to feed a fowler, I came up with this idea:
fullsizeoutput_27eb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27ec.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27ea.jpeg

It is basically a Rev War Style "belly box" with the wood block hollowed out for the 3 different shot cards/wad. Powder is from flask and shot dispensed via shot snake. The box and the flask are mounted on a belt with the snake on a shoulder strap. Another "mouse-Trap" idea.

That is a great idea. Thankyou for sharing that. keeps the wads seperated and organized

Latest posts

Back