• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found a new source for wadding

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
xWPAWuX.jpg

I found this source of smoothbore wadding yesterday, the hard way. I was doing some work next to my garage and accidentally shook the blackberry bramble it is in. The loud buzzing that followed alerted me to their presence so I quickly vacated the premises before the angry cloud of hornets was able to descend upon me. I only got stung once, but that was plenty! I think I'll wait until things cool off, both literally and figuratively, before I have another conversation with the occupants.

Darren

xWPAWuX.jpg

I found this source of smoothbore wadding yesterday, the hard way. I was doing some work next to my garage and accidentally shook the blackberry bramble it is in. The loud buzzing that followed alerted me to their presence so I quickly vacated the premises before the angry cloud of hornets was able to descend upon me. I only got stung once, but that was plenty! I think I'll wait until things cool off, both literally and figuratively, before I have another conversation with the occupants.

Darren
Lucky you!

I actually have a fondness for hornets since I have seen them, many times, catch, dismember, and carry off horse flies. And I HATE horse flies! When my brother and I were kids we used to love to watch the hornets catch flies off the cows in our grandpa's barn lot. Cheap entertainment!

As long as I don't bother those hornets by the garage then they don't bother me. I can live with that.

Darren

Reminds me of a time a few decades ago when there was a little country store near our house. It was the gathering spot for the community. One summer day a couple of city dudes stopped by on their way to a well known, very popular trout fishing spot, picking up the needed supplies and getting directions. It was obvious this was their first fishing trip as all their clothing and gear was brand new. They asked what was the best bait. Someone told them that the larvae from wasp's nest worked well. There were a lot of wasp nests around the roof overhang of the store building. Some were old vacant nests from previous years, but some were occupied. They were given permission to use the ladder and help themselves. All the locals that were hanging around backed off and watched the show.

Back