Fork in the road

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Waco Kid, Jun 20, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 20, 2019 #1

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

32 Cal

Years ago my Cajun friend & i went to Bass Pro to pick up our first muzzleloading rifles. I picked a cva sidelock in .54 with great plains bullets. He choose a cva inline .54 with then new powerbelts. Both rifles shot extremely well. As time went by he ended up betraying his friends & family, got divorced & moved away. He had forgotten his Cajun roots & upbringing which cost him dearly. Just a short story to encourage those in our region with traditional values & rifles.

2. Jun 22, 2019 #2

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

32 Cal

My first muzzleloader was a .36 snake eye side by side smoothbore. Super inexpensive & easy to put together.
    Made a rookie mistake & bought revolver balls that make a neat sucking sound as they fell down the barrel. So whats a rookie to do? Put a nice wad of old undie on the powder dropped in three balls per barrel then a nice wad of old undie to fill the rest of barrel nearly flush.
    Aimed & fired at an old trailer door about 7 yards away. The flash, smoke & scent faded away leaving behind 2 perfect triangle groups in the door! Been hooked ever since! I was young & dumb but not as dumb as the guy that had it after me. Traded it for a Western w49 to a guy named yankee pete (really) he used smokeless & survived but the pistol didnt. Just another fork in the road.

3. Jun 22, 2019 #3

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

Waco Kid

32 Cal

If you happen to find a fork in the road it can be easily converted to a leather stiching punch in about 5 minutes. Keep tongs as short & sharp as possible for best results.

4. Jun 26, 2019 #4

Eterry

Eterry

Eterry

45 Cal.

You know what Yogi Bearra said about the fork in the road?? "When you come to the fork in the road...Take it !!"