• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wattlebuster said:
Glen just rub it on with your fingers an let it sit overnight then wash off with warm water. At least thats how this one was done :idunno:
Mustard powder or the stuff in the fridge? Outstanding craftsmanship, I'm at a loss for words! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Rush I used the plain ole frenches yellow mustard right out of the fridge. Rubbed it on with my fingers an washed it off with warm water the next morning :hatsoff:

Thanks everyone. Well after getting my tail spanked by a longbeard this morning I came in bout 12 noon and been shooting some. I tried 20 then 30 then 40 grns of FFFG an 015 an 018 patches lubed with wonder lube at 15 yrd then back to 25 yrds. 20 grns shot pretty good an I would'nt have a problem shooting it. 30 shot real good an 40 did'nt impress me at all. Both patch combos seemed to shoot ok. I wanted to get some pics but daughter borrowed the old mans camera an did'nt tell dad. so I will get them later. Im gonna go with 30 grns of FFFG pushing a 527 self moulded roundball with a 018 pillow ticking patch. at 15 yrds I can hit a baseball sized target and at 25 yrds the spread is bout the size of my outstreched hand. For me thats fair shooting. Im sure lots of folks can do much better with it. I put 35 rounds through it an not a single misfire an the 35th loaded nearly as easy as the first. Ignition is very fast an the lock seems like its gonna be easy on these Rich Pierce flints. the flint thats in it has now got bout 50 maybe 55 shots an been sharpend once. I think shes gonna do a fine job for what is intended for an she is truly fun to shoot :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

wattlebuster said:
Rush I used the plain ole frenches yellow mustard right out of the fridge. Rubbed it on with my fingers an washed it off with warm water the next morning :hatsoff:
Thanks, I'm gonna have to give that a try. Where did you get the idea?

Rush I got the idea from non other than mr Curt Lyles from up indiana way. He said he had done some of his guns that way so I thought Id give it a whirl :hatsoff:

Good job Wattle's...Love the view of a big bore short barreled pistol!..
Congrats... I'd shoot that one! Gotta love this hobby!
Give that Tom some southern Caywood love!

wattlebuster said:
Rush I got the idea from non other than mr Curt Lyles from up indiana way. He said he had done some of his guns that way so I thought Id give it a whirl :hatsoff:
Might as well...I think I will too.

Back