• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flame-Thrower

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if all of you guys saying how great that flame is are the same ones that are bitchen about the price of a pound of powder ? if you got that much flame your not increasing the velocity any, the projectile has long left the barrel !
The original picture was a 45 cal rifle with a 42" barrel using 40 grains of 3f. Defiantly not over loading it any at all or wasting powder. It actually shoots the best with 60 grains of 3f.

oh please do. bet that is a sight to behold
The kids sure love to watch it fire and always ask if I brought it to the territorial matches. The only problem I have now with our new shoot sight is enough room to stay on the property as it has a range approaching a half mile.
The bowling balls go just about out of sight at the top of the Arc and the finger holes whistle all the way up and back down. Flight time is around 17-18 seconds.
Totally useless piece of hardware except for making folks smile and have fun viewing it!

Last edited:
I wonder if all of you guys saying how great that flame is are the same ones that are bitchen about the price of a pound of powder ? if you got that much flame your not increasing the velocity any, the projectile has long left the barrel !
When you deal with cannons, what's a few hundred grains?

Attachments

• 313956_267959049898079_4460844_n.jpg
    313956_267959049898079_4460844_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
The kids sure love to watch it fire and always ask if I brought it to the territorial matches. The only problem I have now with our new shoot sight is enough room to stay on the property as it has a range approaching a half mile.
The bowling balls go just about out of sight at the top of the Arc and the finger holes whistle all the way up and back down. Flight time is around 17-18 seconds.
Totally useless piece of hardware except for making folks smile and have fun viewing it!
well sir that sure makes me smile. bet that is a sight.

naw i dont complain about the cost of powder ot anything. not even caps. lol. but i think all that fire and smoke is purdy. can i afford to do it. naw i cant lol. but i love to see it. makes my heart beat fast

Congrats on all the great photos. I know how hard it can be to get a pic of both pan and muzzle flames. Well done!

Nothing like it!

Attachments

• 20220503_080459.jpg
    20220503_080459.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231118_184331_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118_184331_Gallery.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231118_184238_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231118_184238_Gallery.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 0
Back