• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fish fry...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go to St. Cloud Minnesota once for work, so I took my ultralight and a handfull of chartreuse rooster tails. I wade fished the Mississippi river there and had the best 4 evenings of smallmouth fishing in my life. What a ball to wade up and cast behind those boulders and buzz the top....then WHAM!!! They prob averaged 2lbs...with the largest 20.5 inches. It was awesome....

Good luck when you go and take some pics!

I usually use a white curlly tail grub on a small spinner bait rig. They are a load of fun on an ultralight. I fish for them in the Umpqua River here. There are trout, steelhead, Salmon, Smallmouth, Shad, Catfish, and i don't know what all other kinds of fish in it. Great, beautiful, river.

I have heard of the Umpqua River and its fine fishing. That is great you have such a wonderful resource close by...

Got any pics of the place?

The 2nd batch of fish is ready.... :winking:

No, no pictures. i am not much on taking photos, but i guess i will have to try and get a few pics. I will have to send them to someone else to have them posted, since i have no idea how to do it. ::

Rebel, send them to me. I'll be more than happy to post your pics of the Umpqua for you. Shoot me a pm when you're ready.

I'm highly envious... I've wanted to fish the Umpqua for 20 years and have not yet had the opportunity. :cry: You are fortunate to have a river like that so close.

The fish is ready! Come and get it! :D

FishFry.jpg

Anybody else like fried bluegill?

Do you drudge (dip) them in flour or cornmeal before frying them?

Thanks for the offer StaticX. We live in Sutherlin now, just North of Roseburg. We have the mainstream, North and South Umpqua all within 15-20 miles. The North Umpqua is a beautiful river. The drive along it on Hwy 138 has some great scenery. I guess sometime when we are over that way again i will have to try to remember the digital camera and see about some pics. Take care.

Musketman - Sometimes I do batter them in egg....but this time I just used Kroger yellow cornmeal (in the round container - it is very fine grained) and pumped it up a bit with a little cajun....

I am cooking a gallon of fillets today for my team members at work. YEEeHAAAA!!

Bob, that was a MONSTER cat!

Wess

:: KyFlintlock;
Did you tell 1/2 tail that you would like some lobster to go with thoes blue gill?
biglobster.png
[/img]
The season is almost over here in south western Nova Scotia so big ones are hard to get, you'll have to do with this "little" 14 pounder. ::
The picture is a little dark, so it's hard to see the lobster, but the guy holding it gives an idea how big it was.
Now if someone can come up with a few clams and some scallops , we could have quite a feed ( or to use a local expression..... "a mug up")
Soggy

WOW!! You could ride that thing! :D

It would take a 5 gallon bucket of BUTTER to dip that monster! Not sure if I could eat that whole thing, but I'd DIE TRYING! :crackup:

Sure is beautiful country up there...had to go to Maine for work a few years ago and fell in love with it.

Thanks for the pic!
Wess

Learn somthin new everyday. Now I knows where them rubberebands on turkey calls come from-----The Ocean, from when they catch lobsters. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Bill

Don't think i would wanna eat any of the fish out of that river. :: But man, think how big the Frog legs must be there. :crackup:

Back