• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fish fry...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
The fish is ready! Come and get it! :D

FishFry.jpg

Anybody else like fried bluegill?

Man that reminds me I have to get out and do some fishing!
Looks good :front:
Lehigh..

Yea, me too, right after i find another turkey i can actually shoot at, or the season ends, whichever comes first. ::

Yer sure that ain't some of that Canned Carp? ::

Uh, yeah, Rebel, that's what it is, canned carp...tastes nasty, don't bother coming out from Oregon...

(OK, y'all, is he buying this???? Hope so!! that'll leave more of those delicious little bluegills for the rest of us!!) :crackup:

What time is dinner, KYflintlock? And how much will ya give me NOT to tell your wife you said that about it being her job to clean the fish??? :: I don't know how to clean fish either. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Patsy

KyFlintlock,
I have always said that the best eating
of all the fish is the lowly bluegill.
Have you ever run them thru a grinder
and made patties out of them(like salmon patties) then
fry them up in bacon grease. Very good I promise.
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

crazy frenchman - You hit the nail on the head! :thumbsup:

Rebel - Good luck on your turkey, i couldn't kill one so I went fishing. :D

Lehigh - good luck if you go.

Soquili - I cleaned them on the kitchen table! She is used to it. ::

Snake eyes - Never tried it....sounds interesting though. I agree, panfish (crappie, bluegill and yellow perch) have always been my favorite. :front:

Halftail - Lobsta'..... Hmm, that would make a nice addition to the cookout!

Looks like some shellcrackers in there too...must be beddin in Kentucky.
What did you catch them on?

Yep, some shellcrackers too. Indiana....and we caught them on 1/2 oz spinnerbaits and zara spooks. :winking:

small jigs, flies, anything small.

o man drool drool spark spark short aw man i have ta buy a new keyboard now....i'll send ya the bill :crackup: :hatsoff: .............bob

I like bluegills, bass, crappie, and catfish. Plan on doing some fishing for smallmouths soon as i get a turkey or after the season ends May 31. ::

Back