• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Time Drawn for Elk in Arizona.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFP308

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well it happened, my father inlaw, brother inlaw and I put in as a group for Muzzleloader antlered elk and got drawn. We are very excited. Two years ago my father inlaw was drawn for regular rifle in the same unit 6A that we will be hunting this year. I have now got a very good excuss to be out practicing with my GPR .54 pecussion, plus we will be taking a few camping trips to scout the unit some more. This will be my first elk hunt and it's with a traditional muzzleloader, how cool!

I will be asking for hints and experiences in unit 6A and in general with elk hunting so if you have them bring em on. Thanks.

Mike

Good Luck...Great Draw! I used to hunt 4A and 4B a lot and had good luck seeing them. Just couldn't get them in range of my .54. Saw a herd with some big bulls in Area 5 so 6 should have some too. Did last time I drove thru Payson.

Sorry about being gone, had to go to California on business.
6A is just south and a bit east of Flagstaff. There is open country and pine tree areas. I'm doing a bit of reaserch on the less accessable areas. I'm tired of trying to do a stalk and then hearing ATVs roaring around the hills. Things are noisy. A few areas in the unit are horse and foot access only so I'll be in there.

Mike

Back