• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First shots with my CVA .32 Squirrel gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20230823_112105226_HDR.jpg

From 30 yards. Five shots, the top hole, indicated by my finger is two shots. Four inside a 2" square with one flier that I felt as soon as I touched the trigger. Of course the orange dot was my point of aim, so I need to adjust the sights to bring the shots down about 3 inches and to the right about 2 inches.
IMG_20230823_112034043_HDR.jpg

I was able to find four of the five patches. They were all close together about 10 yards out.

IMG_20230823_112202583_HDR.jpg

Here are my supplies. Shooting 20g of the FFF. I was lubing the patches by holding them in my mouth. I think I'll try some store bought lube next time. Although the fifth shot loaded about as easy as the first. I would love to have the barrels on this .32 and my .36 coned.
Oh, and in my defense, an excuse, conditions were not ideal as I was sitting in direct sunlight but my target was in the shade, making seeing not so easy.

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_112105226_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230823_112105226_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You will eventually find the little rifle can print tiny groups at 50 yards. Don't cone it. All that's required is to polish the crown with sandpaper to remove the sharp entrance into the bore and make it a smooth, gradual slide into the bore. I shoot tight loads using a .311" ball I cast from a Lee mold and a canvas patch compressed to .024" and lubed with Hoppes BP Patch Lube. Since you prefer to simply load and shoot, a day of shooting will still be with NO BORE WIPING.

Nice shooting! The Crocket is hoot to shoot. Currently work on a load for mine. Been using .311 cast balls, .015 pillow ticking and 3F Grafs powder.

Latest posts

Back