• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finding a 1853 Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsrich1102

32 Cal
Reaction score
What is the best way to find a 1853 Enfield? I am look for something may like a parker hale, euroarms, or pedersoli. I want to be able reenact both sides and be able to hunt(accuracy). So I am try to find something to both requirements. Any ideas?

Put a want to buy ad in the classifieds here, check gunbroker and sites like that, Lodgewood manufacturing is another place to look. The NSSA forum is good too, but you need to be a member now to post.

As mentioned, Gunbroker.com is a good location to hunt around on for a used weapon. Also be sure to check on Gunsinternational.com, Gunsamreica.com and Gunauction.com. Since it sounds like you are getting into ACW reenacting or maybe already participating, you may also want to join The Authentic Campaigner, which has a f/s section where ACW weapons frequently are listed. Best of luck in your search!

Go to one of the reenacting web sites and place a wanted to buy ad.

Thanks for the info. what would be the best brand for accuracy out of the 3 that was stated? or are there other brands I should look at?

In my opinion all good brands, but an early Parker-Hale made in England is the best of them. Harder to find though. Pedersolis are still made, so getting parts for their 1853s should be easier.

Thanks for the info. what would be the best brand for accuracy out of the 3 that was stated? or are there other brands I should look at?
Speaking as a former reenactor and current N-SSA member, my Parker Hale P58 is a legit 1 hole group rifle. Yes, it's a "2 band". My Euroarms will never, ever be in that same category. I haven't seen an Armisport yet that will shoot with a 1st gen Parker Hale. Pedersolis are about as close as you'll get.

That said, you're about to go down a deep rabbit hole but like I've said before, there is no rocket science or magic to get one to shoot well if you follow a few simple basics.

But what would a former stitch counter know?
parkerhalegroup1.jpg

IMG_20221029_155140.jpg

I have a 2 band PH. I need to play around with it again with some 3 fff now that I have some. I think the trigger is holding me back from consistent accuracy for the most part.

Back