• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally did it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noeyebrows

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well after months of enjoying posts on this forum, I have finally joined. I'm still fascinated by the amount of knowledge available here. My name is Andy Bitely I'm 31 years old and I live Kalamazoo, MI. I have been shooting black powder since I was 15 and I have never owned an inline muzzleloader :grin: . I just ordered my first flintlock from TVM so I can take part in Pennsylvania's flintlock season coming up this winter. My interest in family history has driven me to study the old time ways. My ancestors settled on the shore of Lake Champlain just north of Ticonderoga before the Revolution and moved to Fort Edward during the Burgoyne Campaign. Looking forward to joining the conversations and Happy Shooting!

Good job and how do to you. There is absolutely nothing you can't find out here. This place is a muzzlepedia. There probably will be an app for Iphone soon. :haha:

Welcome Andy! Boy, you have an interesting family background. Please post photos of your new rifle.

Skylinewatcher said:
This place is a muzzlepedia.
That it is: http://www.muzzlepedia.com :grin:

Skylinewatcher said:
There probably will be an app for Iphone soon. :haha:
Don't laugh. It's in the works. :thumbsup: Actually not an App, but a small screen version of the layout for phones and PDAs. I'll need some members to help test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the MLF Andy! Glad you found our camp. Please post some pics of your rifle and let us know how she shoots. By the way, is there a story about the name No eyebrows?

As for my login name, I think whether anyone will admit to it or not, when you're young and have access to black powder, I believe many of us have had a baptism by fire(literally) by placing a small pile of black powder on the ground and touching a match to it...you quickly learn that nobody is fast enough to avoid the incredible speed of combustion. Thus you may have had a poof-no-eyebrows moment. As for myself, I never totally burned off my eyebrows- maybe singed a bit. I have a friend that did manage a complete eyebrow incineration-and an ER visit. Outdoor Life humorist and author Patrick McManus wrote a hilarious short story about homemade improvised muzzleloaders as a kid call "POOF No Eyebrows". I think its in the book Never Sniff a Gift Fish...

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new gun. You will love it. I also had access to black powder as a kid also. No one smoked in our home but we had ashtrays for friend and relatives that did. I occasionally added a little black powder to the ashtrays of unsuspecting guests. It never burned off any eyebrows, maybe some near heart attacks and messed up underwear.

Welcome Andy

You live in the town with one of the largest antique arms shows in the country. If you have never attended the Kalamazoo show you are in for a surprise! Might see you on the firing line at some shoot or other some time. Keep yer powder dry. Len

Welcome. I too watched for months before joining the group. I've gotten into family history a lot too. 5-G Grandfather came over from Ireland and settled in Virginia about 1740-50. Family history and my love of blackpowder guns go hand in hand. Looking for to your contributions.
ps at 67 my name needs no explanation. Fuzzy

I have been to the Living history show a couple times, but not the antique arms show. I'll have to check the date...

Back