• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite movie guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcurman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What guns have caught your eye the most at the movies? Here's mine.

A Volcanic that Clint Eastwoodcarries in For a Few Dollars More.

800px-FFDMHenry1860-2.jpg

"Lucky" Ned Pepper's Remington 1875 with four loop mexican loop holster and four-leaf clover grips in the new version of True Grit.

800px-TG10_0012.jpg

Tom Selleck's '76 carbine in Crossfire Trail.

600px-Cc18.jpg

Please share your's!

Ben

Here are the first ones that come to mind. Matthew Quigleys Sharps rifle in Quigley Down Under. Chuck Conners big loop Winchester in The Rifleman along with John Waynes in True Grit. All the guns in Mountain Men. Hatchet Jacks rifle in Jeremiah Johnson.

Richard Widmarks Volley gun in Waynes "Alamo" flick and most any of the guns except the heros longrifle in the latest version of the "Last of the Mohicans" (I really like the part where everyone was not shooting two or three bad guys off their horses at 100 yds with single shot pistols like in the "Patriot")I just could not get past that gun not really belonging so to speak, plus the use of the extra range silk patch in the first shot then using a different gun likley with regular patcthing for the second shot, overall I found the movie very entertaing as we muct take what we get in fims of the type/period

TG,

I think he used the long range "give ya an extra 40 yards" silk patch in his own gun for the last shot when he plugs the last sentry allowing the messenger to get through. Such drama! Makes my toes curl.. :rotf:

p.s. I had an actual conversation with a fellow who told me he uses silk patches in his rifle because he heard that silk allows for longer range shooting. Honest, no kidding.

"p.s. I had an actual conversation with a fellow who told me he uses silk patches in his rifle because he heard that silk allows for longer range shooting. Honest, no kidding."

I can believe it, years ago I overheard some guys talking at a vendors tent at a "vous and one of the guys was explaining about how the TC Maxi ball mould was copied from a dated mould found in cache in a cave on the Eastern slopes of the Rockies early in the 20th century and the original was from 1830 as I recall... I almost said something but they were all hanging on every word, I did not have the heart to weigh in on the conversation..... I have gotten over my empathy issues since then :grin:

The Aliens Pulse Rifle as well as the LOTM rifle were among my favorite. The LOTM rifle I had a friend and forum member OldArmy make for me. (I aint tried the silk patch yet).

But the guns that made me drool were the minigun in "Predator" and the Barrett .50 in "NAVY SEALs"

500px-PredatorM134handheld-2.jpg

e9fcc3e9f93e47f75b91c0cd88df1165.jpg

I have always been fond of the handgun Eddie Valiant used in Toon Town in Rodger Rabbit...bet it was the talking bullets that swayed my decision :rotf:
Shreck

Fight_on_Isla_de_Muerta_33.png

I like Jack Sparrow's flintlock pistol from the first Pirates o' the Carib. Carried the same load for years (vowed to kill Barbarosa with the one shot he marooned him with), has been immersed repeatedly, thrown off a ship and swum to an island (twice) and it goes off nicely when he shoots Barbarosa.

Josey Wales Kentucky Long rifle with the scope on it. Probably the one rifle scene that always comes to my mind.

Latest posts

Back