• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Family fun day and shoot at Istrouma Post

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickey Brown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Every monthly meeting we have been working on the post. Last month it was decided to have a fun and shoot day. The public was invited to come shoot. We had demonstrations on loading and shooting, casting balls, and loading paper cartridges. Several new shooters came out and we had two young men get hooked on the whole package. They can't wait to get rifles and period outfits.
CRW_0628_zps2ce0338c.jpg

Matt Avance getting ready to cast
CRW_0630_zps40a02eed.jpg

Terry Rieger shooting my JP Beck
CRW_0631_zps6248e8d6.jpg

Lonnie Davis shooting his Fusil
CRW_0642_zps94c05ba6.jpg

Josh with his musket
CRW_0646_zpsa662b96b.jpg

This is what it's all about. Teach them young

Looks like a great day and some interesting guests. Every day Avance is casting bullets, by the way, is one less day the good ol' boy is trying to get over on a customer.

Who taught young Terry to shoot?

Alden your dislike for Matt is well documented :bull: and I ask that you either refrain from posting such in my posts or not post at all. Matt is a true friend of mine and you are the only one to disparage him. We all know you don't like him so in the future don't do it on my posts. UNDERSTAND
Now to the rest it was a fun day and everyone had a good time. Terry is an excellent shot his grandfather, my brother, taught him from an early age

Looks like you all had a great time.

My son was 7 to 10 years old my last tour in Germany in the Army and we had a blackpowder club in Grafenwohr. He would have to shoot using crossed sticks and was a pretty good shot. Most of the Germans loved seeing him shoot. I now have a couple grandkids and I can hardly wait to take them shooting. In a couple of years my oldest grandson, Gabe, will be shooting my TVM Lancaster.

:hatsoff:

Henry Morrison said:
:bull:... Matt is a true friend of mine... UNDERSTAND

:idunno:

I'm sure you and good ol' Matt are thick as thieves, going way back up there in Corinth, no, Natchez... :rotf:

Lookit, if YOU'RE gonna presume to drop somebody's likeness and name that're known in an internet community maybe you shouldn't also presume to manipulate everyone else's expression.

:shake:

Oh, and except for the apparently somewhat exaggerated lean, from what I can see the rest of young Terry's shooting position is first rate. Well done!

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone and especially you. I know Matt and don't know you from Adam. I have seen and am well aware of your opinion of Matt and just wanted to make you aware that any further expressions is not necessary just to eliminate you from the worry of typing it again. Just looking out for your welfare

So as a "true friend" you have a personal investment in Matt, but I won't be looking for any favors from him and, since you don't know, am objective which may be of honest benefit to everyone else here. We're good now!

Never done business with Matt and have no personal "Investment" with him other than being around encampments and picking through the scrap pile for maple

Back