• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eurasian Collared Doves

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biliff

54 Cal.
Reaction score
This year, our F&W department officially designated the Eurasian Collared Dove as an unprotected species (used to be part of the mourning dove bag limit). Puts it in the same classification as starlings. Basically, no rules, limits, seasons etc..

Had some time to kill, so took the squirrel rifle out to a roost tree and popped a few of 'em for the pan. Tastes like mourning dove, but with more meat on 'em. You do have to be careful on shot placement. They bust up pretty easily.

CIMG1766.jpg

Bill, those doves still got their heads on what happened? Seriously nice shooting. Is that rifle stock ash?...............watch yer top knot..........

I have a flock of about thirty of those hanging around my yard every day for the past couple of months. A neighbor feeds them... and the crows too. Lots of crows. :idunno:

Good hunting, Bill. :thumbsup: Here in CA we have no limit on them but have to shoot them during dove season. They are bigger than the mourning doves and seem tame. They hang around back yards and I rarely see them when hunting. GW

Grey Whiskers said:
They are bigger than the mourning doves and seem tame. They hang around back yards and I rarely see them when hunting. GW

Noticed that. They tend to hang around people/buildings/livestock more than mourning doves.

They are all over down here. I have a bunch that roost across the street in a big oak tree. That tree is close to 4 feet around and remember it being about as big as my wrist. Makes me feel old when I think about it.

It's posts like that that keep me coming back to the ML Forum year after year. :hatsoff:

BillinOregon said:
Bill, I was unaware of the legal change. Wait, what's that out in the field ...

Probably wouldn't have noticed either, but they're getting pretty thick out around Ione where I do most of my bird/deer hunting.

Latest posts

Back