• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eagles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I've heard of wolfs being released near WV. Heard lots of other stuff some of it way out there! Dan.

excess650 said:
http://www.vlrc.org/articles/42.html

From the linked article: "Some of this “article” is fiction, but most of it is taken from real news sources, research and articles. Wolf reintroduction to the Allegheny Highlands is not as far-fetched as it might appear." (My bold)

Kind of useless as a source of data when you don't know what is actually true....

Yeah and according to the geneticists, red wolves are also a cross between grey wolves and coyotes only the crosses happened a couple of centuries ago.

PS-Eagles are just white-headed buzzards IMO and armadillos are delicious ... just get someone else to clean them for you. :haha:

The leprosy thing and armadillos is over blown. There are areas in the country where it is prevalent, particularly in Louisiana but it is not common everywhere. I still don't want to eat one.

I was walking out from hunting last night and huge armadillo walked across my path within 5 feet of me. I didn't want to pop it with my flintlock and have to clean my gun when I got home so I let it pass.

Eric Krewson said:
I still don't want to eat one.

You would if you ever tasted one.
Back in the '70s I went to a wild game BBQ. They had deer, wild hog, rabbit, squirrel and "Hoover hog". I tried the Hoover hog because I thought it was a cut-up piglet. It was armadillo and it was delicious.

They called it Hoover hog because they had nothing much to eat back during the Depression due to President Hoover. They ate everything they could catch including armadillos.

Thanks for the info on the article you were going by. Written 12-18-02 has been some time and no word of being seen here in WV. Have some deep throats in the WVDNR so if the wolfs were here it is very likely would have heard about it by now. As the article states they were "supposed to" introduce them. The note at the bottom of the article pretty much says it all. Thanks for sharing this me, Dan.

I know WV is lousy with coyotes; I've been there and heard several "howling" together. Ga is filled with them, too. I've seen more than I could count during the 62 years I lived there. The first one, IIRC, that I saw was in the mid 1960. Wolves? Never have seen one in any state I've lived or hunted in. They are magnificent creatures, however.

They are bad here... First half the hunting year I saw more Coyotes than deer... And just after I killed my deer tonight I heard about 10 howling.... In thinking after this deer im going to stop deer hunting and focus on Coyotes for a while... Ill carry the 50 naturally but I've got a unmentionable 223 pistol ill sling across my back cause as much as I enjoy muzzloading im more interested in killing all the Coyotes I can so I enjoy the 300 yard gun... Maybe I should look into a long range ML lol

Coyotes seem to moved into the suburbs around here. Of course, we also have deer, bear, and turkey living in the city as well...Pretty much every place outside downtown has its share of big game, it seems.

A couple months ago one bear killed another one right in full view of the interstate, about a mile from the city center. Caused kind of a fuss....

Back