• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Schoultz and Blackpowder Accuracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received his system several years ago , one of my sons bought it and had it sent to me. If you are a target shooter the information is a sure way to ring out all the accy . possible from your BP guns . Even if you are a general shooter targets , hunting and plinking , the system is great for working up the best loads .Glad to hear He is still selling His system . I always tell folks they should order it . :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Dutchs system, I hope more people will buy his product to help him out, I am satisfied with using methods as close to the original methods myself so it would not fit my "style' of shoooting but many swear by it and it seems to really help a lot of new shooters.

I met Dutch through a mailing list and bought his system 15 years ago. I used it to get several newly built rifles to group very well. Dutch shared time with me and gave further advice and clarification. We debated how to load for hunting and other situations.

I moved from the newby group to within our top 3 shooters in the local club because of the system and the extra practice that it encouraged me to perform. I have used portions of it since to get good results from other guns and to help others learn. I do not use all of the system at the moment, but I never got more from my money out of anything that I have purchased during my ML experiences. It made me consider many areas and led me to take time with a number of variables.

If you have not taken the plunge, I recommend buying the system. The usefulness of the targets alone was worthwhile.

CS

CrackStock said:
I met Dutch through a mailing list
Gadd's :haha: I remember that mailing list! I think at least 3 forum's spun off that list just because of computer and software developments. When I was on that list I was running Windows 3.0

because of the system and the extra practice that it encouraged me to perform.,,,

,,It made me consider many areas and led me to take time with a number of variables.
Two very key aspects, Thank You, :thumbsup:

If you have not taken the plunge, I recommend buying the system.
Amen, and read it 4 times, then do it.

Chalk another one up as ordered and en route... Have been in contact with Dutch also, and wish I'd ordered and gotten in touch with him sooner.

I always rush the material to the Post Office as soob as I get the order mostly because I'm 83 (not 80) and feeling shaky.

The interesting thing about the error is that it has been posted there for the greater part of 30 years and John Napper, a retired Army officer was the first to catch it.

I always had trouble during Army inspections.

I thank all the people and all their good words. The positive response is the greater part of my reward.

Dutch Schoultz

Mr. Schoultz,
Isn't it ALWAYS an Officer that has too much time on their hands for an inspection??? :youcrazy:
I am a retired MSG and I hated them then (the inspections, not most of the Officers :wink: ) and still hate them now. Oh well.

I WILL be ordering your system this weekend. I have heard too many good words about your system not to get it Thank you for your insights. :thumbsup:

P.S. Take your time getting to the Post. I am not going anywhere fast. Yet!

Cheers, DonK

Yes Dutch,

I bought your system a few years ago. Took the most of it to heart right away, but never tried the "dry lube" part of it. Always used the prelubed patches, and I thought they were working well, but then they got so expensive I decided to try something else. I took my .36 cal. flinter and did the whole "dry lube" ritual with the various mixtures until I got the 'right one" for my rifle. When it ended, I was putting 5 holes at 50 yds. all cutting each other, together in nearly the same hole. Much better than the pre-lubed patches ever did. So it works!!! :thumbsup:

Take care, See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Just ordered mine and lo an' behold an email from Mr. Schoultz was there in the morning telling me it was on the way. I am looking forward to reading this and with any questions for him.
WOW, the retail community can take a few lessons from him about service.

Thank you Mr. Schoultz!!!

Cheers, DonK

Dutch,

Just sent in an order by PayPal and I'm looking forward to reading, and applying, the information. My wife and I recently retired which means more time at the range. As more and more of my shooting is with black powder, anything that will help my target work is welcome. Thanks for making it available.

Mykeal,

Thanks for starting this thread. It convinced me to finally get off my big butt and place the order.

Jeff

Dutch Schoultz said:
I always rush the material to the Post Office as soob as I get the order mostly because I'm 83 (not 80) and feeling shaky.

The interesting thing about the error is that it has been posted there for the greater part of 30 years and John Napper, a retired Army officer was the first to catch it.

I always had trouble during Army inspections.

I thank all the people and all their good words. The positive response is the greater part of my reward.

Dutch Schoultz

Dutch I bought your packet years ago and it really helped me become "consistant"
and a better muzzleloader not to mention the great conversation I had with you back then.
I don't shoot dry patch anymore during off hand comps, my wet patch may not be as accurate as dry but neather am I off hand :haha:
I also shoot a tallow marmot oil patch for hunting but with your method I get MOA at 100 yrds with my greased patch.
I can't express enough how inporant it is for new shooter to get your system to learn proper muzzleloading for good accuracy.
Thanks Dutch
:bow:

Mr. Schoultz,
I just got your package in the mail today, and have read about half way through so far. Thank you for getting it to me, and I will keep you updated as I get further into it. Some of it I already knew, but there's a lot that I really need to try and work on to improve my results. The bad thing is that I've apparently been doing several things the opposite way from what I should for proper results. This is going to be very educational. Thanks again.

necchi said:
CrackStock said:
I met Dutch through a mailing list
Gadd's :haha: I remember that mailing list! I think at least 3 forum's spun off that list just because of computer and software developments. When I was on that list I was running Windows 3.0
I hadn't gotten Windows yet - I was dialing into a text-based server over a 1200baud modem! Gadd, indeed!

Reminiscences over, we now return you to your regularly-scheduled white smoke.

Regards,
Joel

I just ordered mine.After reading all this how could I not order it. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks Dutch for putting your years of experience on paper for others to benefit from. I have used it for over a year. I have read it 10 times and improve a little each time. I enjoyed the humor. Having fun and learning how to improve my shooting are both good for me. Thanks again.

thanks Dutch for a great product! very useful info. i remember my .54 renegade was a pain in the rear til applied your dry patch system.
not it drives tacks. take care of yourself.
and THANKYOU :bow:

The package arrived today and I've already read through it once. More readings to follow. Love the humor and starting to absorb the information.

I'm going to start with my old Renegade 50 cal percussion with the drop in GM barrel. Now I just have to find my micrometer and remember how to use it. :idunno: It's been a while.

Thanks to Dutch for the quick delivery.

Jeff

Got mine a week or so ago.

Will get to take my first steps with it this week.

Have ballistol, micrometers, looking for patching.

Also looking for a .446, possibly .447 rb mould.

Pedersoli sells a .447, but they take forever.

Spoke to Dutch on the phone.

He is a fine gentleman and a true patron of the sport.

Back