• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dunlap Woodcrafts Isaac Haines?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryToth

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Any one have, or has built an Isaac Haines from Dunlap Woodcrafts?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on both Dunlap Woodcrafts and the Isaac Haines.

I'm looking for a 54 Caliber to serve both the purposes of a 1770ish correct rifle, shooting woodswalks at the local Buckskinners club, and hunting the local Whitetail deer.

I had been toying with the idea of an Edward Marshall or a Transitional for my next rifle, but now I'm wondering if an Isaac Haines with a 38", "C" profile barrel my not be a little lighter and handier, albeit a few years "later" in PC.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

I have not built one of Wayne's kits but I have used several of his blanks. His wood is top notch. I have yet to be disappointed with any blank I have mail ordered or picked out in person.

If I was to order an Issac Hanes kit I would get either Wayne's or one from Jim Chambers.

The first flintlock I built was from Dunlop. I bought it at the 1988 Eastern Rendezvous and was able to pick out my own wood. Wayne is a very nice guy to deal with and his guns are top notch. I bought the Isaac Haynes in .50 cal with a "B" weight barrel. That gun is a drean to carry especially during deer season. I also have a friend who purchased one after seeing mine. He had Wayne pick out the wood and definitely was not disappointed. I have also seen guns from Chambers and as 54JNOLL says, I don't think you will be disappointed there either.

If you change your mind on the Haines, I can definitely recommend the Chambers Howard Marshall. I hunt Butler County with mine, and it handles very nicely.

Back