• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Doe Urine Up The Nose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
I might as well make this story official, even though I have told it many times before.

It was the opening day of deer season, 1982. I am one of those people with bad sinus problems, seems I am always plugged up and sneezing or something. It was the first day of deer season and I had no choice but to go deer hunting with a sinus cold. I gathered my gear and a bottle of nasal spray and quickly stuffed what I could into my hunting coat and we left the house before sun up.

I was using my T/C Renegade .54 caliber flintlock, my brother Roger had his T/C Hawken .50 caliber and brother Ron always uses his 12 gauge Smith & Wesson model 1000 shotgun with a slug barrel.

We arrived at a local farm just as the sun coming up and I was sneezing the whole way there, my older brothers decided to put me up wind so I would send the deer in their direction because of all the noise and all the extra scent I was making. I reluctantly agreed and headed off in my appointed direction, sniffling and dripping the whole way there. I positioned myself in a small grove of trees that bordered a corn field, primed my muzzleloader and waited.

There was a light snow on the ground and the cold air felt good on my enflamed sinuses, I was trying to breathe in through my nose to get enough of the cold air in to take the swelling down. Needless to say my nose was plugged solid so I reached into my pocket without looking to grab my bottle of nasal spray to get some relief. I was watching for deer and not the contents of my pocket during this operation, found the small plastic bottle by touch alone and pulled it out.

Unbeknownst to me (remember, I didn't look), I grabbed my spray bottle of Doe-In-Heat buck lure by mistake and sprayed a healthy squirt of it up my nose. Let me tell you this, there is nothing that will get your attention faster than the burning sensation of 100% deer estrogen and urine on an enflamed nasal passage. I let out a scream that echoed across the corn field in the still morning air, my brothers must have heard me yell because I don't remember calling them. By the time they arrived my gun was laying in the snow and I was on my knees shoving snow up my nose with both hands in a feeble attempt to dilute the urine enough to stop the burning.

My eyes went bloodshot and quickly swelled shut, "It burns!" I screamed, my face was covered with snow and reeked of doe urine. They gathered my belonging and emptied my gun, then both of my brothers helped me out of the woods, laughing hysterically all the way.

Years later they still joke about that day, it's funny now but at the time I found no humor in it.

Latest posts

Back