• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you name your flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Queen Anne pistol is yclept "Whangdepootenawa", a truly descriptive term first defined by my spiritual mentor Ambrose Bierce in his "Devil's Dictionary". Haven't come up with a polite name for my old CVA Kentucky rifle yet, though I'm leaning toward "Infernal Machine".
While on the subject, I've named all of my automobiles over the years: '63 Beetle ":Triumphal Juggernaut of Cthulhu"; early 70's Vega "Yellow Coprolite"; '72 Cadillac Sedan de Ville "Enterprise"; '92 Miata "Rosebud".
Named my two kids, too.

My long land is "my lady" or "darling" as she normally behaves like either.

my charleville has now come to be known as "michelle"

My blunderbess is the "bushwacker"

The Piedersoli short land bess has yet to earn a name,Though -red headed step child- comes to mind.

I call my .54 Yeager, Der Schmeiser.
A friend named my .60 rifled wheellock, the redhairedgal.
go figure!
volatpluvia

Sure .But I let them earn it or there has to be a particular significance to the weapon.As an example,I am currently stuck in Florida.I bought a Pedersoli 1816 Springfield musket.They were used in the settlement of the department of Florida when the seminole wars were on.So I named it the Florida gun. Best regards,J.A.

My Pennsylvania rifle is called Tiffany, because she's all soft curves and no fuss.

My Fusil de Tulle is called Alphonse; suitably French and no nonsense.

On the 4th day of the 2005 Colorado M/L season after I flashed my pan on the second bull #1 5X5 and #2 6X6 45 yard broadside. I took a walk off the mountain and we went to town. The Wally World outside Denver had shelves of Imitation junk, and I was headed back empty handed as the Cap Lock that I might be interested in wasn't there. Then the Sporting goods clerks said they have a "Pretty Gun" in the safe.
After 30 min. of searching for a manager to get it out I bought a T/C Hawkins Caplock that is Butt Ugly, and the hunting partners call it, "The P-G"
Its a backup gun and rides along but thats all, because the "True Blue Pretty Gun is my Flint'r"

Gregor

certain inanimate objects do have a personality: some guns, some cars, some guitars and an occassional knife.

Back