• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you display your flintlock or other guns in your home

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see how a criminal would go on a crime spree with a side hammer muzzleloader or how a kid would be able to get in trouble with it if the powder was locked up. Pretty harmless gesture hanging an old front stuffer on the wall. same reasons I would not worry about a hand saw hanging on the wall but I will lock the blade and unplug a modern chop saw if I am not using it. heck if the powder was not secured I would be more worried about kids trying to make a firework with the powder than them trying to shoot the gun... (don't ask me how I know this) ;)

the ones which are displayed are, of course, unloaded. if you break into my place (a dumb idea, to say the least) you will have to cope with the dog, and then the owner after the biometric safe is opened.

the nearest police officer is about six to eight hours away. i might or might not let you use my restroom.
How in god's earth can you be 6 hours away from police assistance? Australian outback or Alaskan bush?

As of recently, I do. As I sit in my living room right now, I can see four. I'm 75 and started wondering why I don't enjoy them every day I have left. Should have done it years ago. I know chance of theft is enhanced many times over by leaving them out of the safe. In my case, I have no one interested in guns to leave them to. I do take precautions though. Secure them if I leave overnight and close the curtains after dark, plus I placed them high and out of reach. A bit risky still. When my eyes rest on any particular one, it "talks" to me, reminding me of previous adventures in the wildwood or at the range. How about you?
No

Visited a home in the Mississippi delta region near Greenville. Brick construction with a poured concrete basement. In the center of the basement was a masonry room with a heavy steel door. It was the guy's armory. I use the word armory because of the number of guns stored in it.
There was also a small cache of food and water. He did it because he worried about tornadoes, not thieves.

Have these displayed on my wall above my bed in my one room house/cabin/shed. Been doing this for over 15 years. North and South collection. Some are traded or sold. Some are replaced, some are not.

Attachments

• 67942391989__5A57473E-5CFF-4706-926E-C233854B15A7.jpeg
    67942391989__5A57473E-5CFF-4706-926E-C233854B15A7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 67942391070__0F159F94-C16D-4A54-A444-F05479B60932.jpeg
    67942391070__0F159F94-C16D-4A54-A444-F05479B60932.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
As of recently, I do. As I sit in my living room right now, I can see four. I'm 75 and started wondering why I don't enjoy them every day I have left. Should have done it years ago. I know chance of theft is enhanced many times over by leaving them out of the safe. In my case, I have no one interested in guns to leave them to. I do take precautions though. Secure them if I leave overnight and close the curtains after dark, plus I placed them high and out of reach. A bit risky still. When my eyes rest on any particular one, it "talks" to me, reminding me of previous adventures in the wildwood or at the range. How about you?
Only 73 (I think_) and hell no ,worked to hard to see them stolen . Only me and the wife knows where and she don't care , but I understand why . The last carry gun I bought for her but I won't let her see it as then she'd see it want it and @ 13 oz I like it more /Ed

Wife and I have been living in a 20X24 ft log cabin for 11 yrs now and I have my T/C Pennsylvania Hunter muzzle loader hanging on the back wall between a Fisher and Coyote fur. It just looks right.

Here at my camp most of my muzzleloaders are on the wall so I can enjoy looking at them. I have a couple of safes here too, but there not full. I’ve already given most of my unmentionables to my Sons, and they have safes, and I have quite a few at home locked away. I live in as safe an area as can still be found in the crazy country. Will I one day regret leaving items out that I love looking at? Possibly, but it won’t be the first regret I’ve ever had. Fear is the mind killer.

On the wall always for me to enjoy and right next to the loaded scotch cabinet. Having your battery-powered tools fully charged and accessible is more dangerous.

Attachments

• 52178.jpg
    52178.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Back