• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did i ever mess one up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not even going to tell the complicated process I went through to mess this gun up.
I'm in the process of stripping the entire stock. If I can get this done without sanding to much wood away and then get the stain on it then the oil finish maybe I can then reassemble it. I'm embarrassed. Hope it turns out good .

I have seen pictures of your area how often do you have visitors anyway ;)
we have a few that wander in.
1689957775842.png

I'm not even going to tell the complicated process I went through to mess this gun up.
I'm in the process of stripping the entire stock. If I can get this done without sanding to much wood away and then get the stain on it then the oil finish maybe I can then reassemble it. I'm embarrassed. Hope it turns out good .
Thats why I haven't started the Kibler yet!

Deerstalkert ,same here. Seems like God always finds a way for me to correct most of my fumbles.
OK GUYS,,, I've got every thing ready for stain again. I actually think the guns going to look better than before. It's definitely more slim. The bugest thing other tan strip the finish completely off and resand everything was I had to use the acyt/oxy torch and some medium hammer strikes then file and sand the butt plate. It's turning out pretty nice. Just waiting on my stain and permalyn to show up. To be continued eith pics of finished product.

Back