• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Diamond Shelters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pronghorn

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone out there using a diamond shelter on their primitve hunts? Was thinking about getting one this spring.

Would be interested in seeing some pictures, as well as comments on your favorite set up.

Thanks!

Well, uh, sort of, :redface: but I don't think mine are made of the same kinda stuff as what you are talking about. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting this but thought I might show how I set mine up, no reason canvas would not work just as well. Chris

Picture123.jpg

Picture112.jpg

10x10 and plenty big enough for 2 people plus gear. It is my prefered shelter, I love laying in my shelter at night and watching the fire before I go to sleep. I will say this though, depending on the time of year and where you are located, bugs can be a bit bothersome. Chris

003.jpg
Here is one i made I don't need crossed post to hold up the center,i can use a post inside.13'x11'.Griz

A room at the Best Western Inn with only basic cable tv is as primitive as I can go :)

You won't get any bedbugs using the Griz solution, but might at The Best Western. :rotf:

Here is a link to diagrams of many various shelters that can be devised with a tarp.

Tarp Shelters

I thought I had a better picture but this will have to do. 9x9 set up with two poles; 1 at the front and 1 in the middle.

PA170579.jpg

SawTooth said:
At one point I thought about picking up something for "primitive" hunting as well.

I have been looking here:
http://www.tentsmiths.com/

I got my first tent{a large wedge for the 18th century}} from Peter and Deborah Marques of Tentsmiths in about 1984 and followed up with an 18th century wall tent a year later. I still have those two plus another small wedge and enough odd canvas for two Native lodges with some left other.With the exception of the small wedge they have all seen very heavy usage. I recall once when in high wind the large wedge pulled up and broke a tie loop {these loops don't last forever}so I drove a spike through the corner as an emergency repair. and then later sent the tent back for repair and the addition of mud flaps.In about month it came back with all new loops,mud flaps,and a note reading,"No Charge".You just can't beat these folks for quality and service BUT a caveat here,I really doubt that their tents will last much more than 75 or so years. I'm working on 27 years now and being 77 years old my tents will outlast me and my sons will still be using them for many years to come.
This is a heart felt and totally unpaid endorsement for two folks who have always given real meaning to the terms top notch quality and service.
Tom Patton

:thumbsup: :v

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah rouge I quite, room service after the company I work for put me up in a room were I got some kind of crud yhat started at my feet and turned them into side of beef looked like a bllody mess, literly had skin falling off , whent to doctor and got perscribed, no joke yeast infection pills women take, but at a higher dose, it cleared up in A month, but two weeks after my feet began shown signs of comming back to normal it went higher I to the Regins I won't talk about, it was a rough rough , month and right in middle of summer to boot, so I'll take the sky anyday.

hey skunkskinner where did ya find that blaze orange hudsons bay blanket? would make an interesting capote! :rotf: great looking camp

Latest posts

Back