• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Desperate Crossing MOVIE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hit a nerve in the Eastern Culture. The word should be spelled. BOERNICIANS, this will come up. If you had all those facts about history why do you not know about these people?? :hmm:

redwing said:
I sure hit a nerve in the Eastern Culture. The word should be spelled. BOERNICIANS, this will come up. If you had all those facts about history why do you not know about these people?? :hmm:

Let's see...

The Boernicians, an ancient clan of people of the north of Britain, were a mixture of Picts and Angles, dating from about the year 400 A.D., and considered to be the founding peoples of that area. Their territories ranged from Edinburgh in the north, southward to the north Riding of Yorkshire in England. By 1000 A.D. this race had formed into discernible clans and families, perhaps some of the first evidence of the family structure in Britain.

I doubt that this is something most Americans would know or care about, unless they were studying the ancicnt culture of England. :v

Redwing,

You didn't hit any nerve as far as I'm concerned. You just made me curious enough to see if I could find anything about Boernicians since you brought it up in the discussion.

Don R

I have never heard that Plymouth was the first English settlement in the new world. Actually we learned all about the settlements at Jamestown and Williamsburg when I was in school. As to whether that info was ever supressed, I have never heard that it was. I am from PA and our area was settled by Scotch/Irish in the late 17th century into the 18th century. Their history is well known and is taught in our schools as it is local history. In fact the entire fronteer in PA was settle by Scotch/Irish and not the Quakers which is what most people think. The Quakers were more in the Philadelphia area and around the Delaware river, inland to about Lancaster. :hmm:

Thanks Don thats the idea. Let folks know there is more to history. Now that you have shown interest. Please look up Gallowglas, Galloglass, Gallowgaigh. This will help you undertand all this Info. about the Scotch-Irish. :thumbsup:
I din't think Alabama is the North East anyway. :confused:

Ahem... it's Scot-Irish not SCOTCH!!
Scotch is something you drink.
Please use Scot or Scottish, but NOT Scotch.
Thank you.

Corp. Marquis RHR said:
Thank you.

Oh Man! Just when Redwing had us convinced he knew everything, you go and spoil it. :rotf: :thumbsup:

Corp. Marquis RHR said:
Thank you.

:shocked2: :shake: :bull: I've heard that before and I do have to say that it is silly. My ancestors were Ulster-Scots (maybe a better term?) who came to Pennsylvania in the mid-18thCentury and soon migrated to Virginia and stayed. They and we have been called "Scotch-Irish" by acknowledged, well-qualified historians in history books and in the stories passed down to us for at least 250 years. Why change it? It is only in the new age of the politically correct that an attempt has been made to change the old and accepted term, Scotch-Irish, to match the acknowledged correct term for a native Scotsman ”“ it is silly, let’s leave it be. I remain, SCOTCH-IRISH (or Ulster-Scot if you insist on the "Scot" thing.) Sheesh, must be an Englishman... :rotf:

Va.Manuf.06 said:
Corp. Marquis RHR said:
Thank you.

:shocked2: :shake: :bull: I've heard that before and I do have to say that it is silly. My ancestors were Ulster-Scots (maybe a better term?) who came to Pennsylvania in the mid-18thCentury and soon migrated to Virginia and stayed. They and we have been called "Scotch-Irish" by acknowledged, well-qualified historians in history books and in the stories passed down to us for at least 250 years. Why change it? It is only in the new age of the politically correct that an attempt has been made to change the old and accepted term, Scotch-Irish, to match the acknowledged correct term for a native Scotsman ”“ it is silly, let’s leave it be. I remain, SCOTCH-IRISH (or Ulster-Scot if you insist on the "Scot" thing.) Sheesh, must be an Englishman... :rotf:

My history text book calls them the Scots-Irish but what any of this has to do with the movie and the original posting is beyond me. :shake:

What they did leave out of the movie is the fact that the Mayflower landed where it did because they ran out of beer (and other victuals). :thumbsup:

Corp. Marquis RHR said:
Thank you.

I Googled Scotch-Irish and got 799,000 hits, for Scot-Irish, I got a mere 32,200 hits, Hmmmnnn? :hmm:

It's Scotch-Irish, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :winking: Hic!

Why change it? It is only in the new age of the politically correct that an attempt has been made to change the old and accepted term, Scotch-Irish,

... new age of the politically corr[strike]ec[/strike]upt... (there, fixed it)

TANSTAAFL said:
Corp. Marquis RHR said:
Thank you.

I Googled Scotch-Irish and got 799,000 hits, for Scot-Irish, I got a mere 32,200 hits, Hmmmnnn? :hmm:

It's Scotch-Irish, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :winking: Hic!

Repeating a mistake doesn't make it right. :blah:

You'll also hear people say "Canadian Geese". There's no such thing. They're Canada geese, named after a man named Canada. "Canadians" are people from the country of Canada.

Be wary of anyone who wants to tell you the REAL history, as if its all been a big cover up by the freemasons or the Jesuits or something. You'll notice that most web stuff that mentions these Bernicians all seem to be based on the same original source. What thant could be is anybodys guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back