• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Derned turkeys scratching around my stand/blind

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
aggravating rascals. one of 'em got curious and got close trying (I guess) to figure out what's in the blind. lots of deer sign in thicket at edge of foto. these birds have aggravated the devil out of me. can't hear a thing for their scratching and carrying on and I'm afraid I'll spook 'em and send any other critter to fleeing.
turkey.jpg
turk2.jpg
counted 18 of 'em (I think, they mill around a lot) scratching around. and could hear some more about 300 yards away across another thicket.

Aint thet just typical.When Deer hunting,see turkeys,for me it's Grouse early fall and not kill a single one then the second morning of Deer season 9 walk up over the ridge where my stand is. :shake:

I think they know when the hunting seasons are. Over time it gets ingrained in their genetics. DEC should change up the seasons by a month or so to throw them off guard.

HD

It's easy to make 'em go away... just put out a turkey decoy and do some callin'. They'll think you're after 'em and you'll never see 'em again. :haha:

Halftail said:
Aint thet just typical.When Deer hunting,see turkeys,for me it's Grouse early fall and not kill a single one then the second morning of Deer season 9 walk up over the ridge where my stand is. :shake:
How true. One ML season in Vermont, I was out during a bad snow storm. I moved under a big hemlock to take a break and heard some birds above me. Counted 43 partrige in that tree above me. :blah:

I was beginning to wonder if that one young Tom was gonna fly up and over the top edge of my blind and land atop of me. :shocked2: they come out all the time. 6 yesterday morn.

Well, I guess they have gotten kinda uppity, what with having survived Thanksgiving. If it were pre-Thanksgiving I'd suggest setting out some cranberry sauce and stuffing as deterents.

:grin:

bramble

Back