• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer tine powder measure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Walker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
While this deer tine has sat on my desk, I figured it would make a nice 50gr FFFg powder measure. So I got my drill motor, large bit and got it done.
DSCF5642.jpg

Very nice. The first one I ever made was for a friend of mine. He had the tine. I had the drill and bits. I had a Ted Cash adjustable measure at the time. I set it to 80 grains and found that a 3/8 drill bit fit perfectly in that brass measure. Marked the depth on the bit with a bit of tape and drilled out a perfect measure for him. We were both amazed it worked. Looking back across the decades, It's painfull to recall how obviously naive, inexperienced and ignorant we were at the time. But we were, and still are, enthusiastic!

This is on my to do list. I'm building a new hunting kit and a tine powder measure will hang from it. RanchRoper, now you have me thinking about a small goat horn. All the older gentlemen that introduced me to PRB squirrel hunting all used deer antlers and some were pretty neat looking.

Started making some a couple weeks ago. Started with a small spike shed I've had for 10+ years, then moved onto chopping up a rack that has been on the wall from a big 8 point I killed more than a decade ago. I tried to cut the skull too close for mounting back then and the skull broke in half. Had it wired up to hold together on the wall, but decided to sacrifice it to the cause. I've got three done and a few more to make as well as fodder for ball starters and knife handles.

Latest posts

Back