• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Creek Products

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've dealt with Deer Creek Products (6989 E. Michigan Rd., Waldron, IN 46182, or PO Box 246, same ZIP; phone 765-525-6181) successfully on a couple of occasions. I have two questions.

1. Their phone has been busy for the last dozen times I've called them, over a period of weeks. Anything wrong? Or just hunting season?

2. I hear people write of "Deer Creek Kits". My 2007 catalogue didn't mention kits BY Deer Creek--though they had really good deals on some Traditions and CVA kits. Do these guys actually have their own "brand" of kits, that just didn't make it into the catalogue I have?

Update: finally got through. They are just busy. "It's that time of year," the guy on the other end of the phone said.

While we were talking, I asked if there were any truth to rumors I'd heard (probably here) that they were thinking of closing up shop. "Not if we want to eat," he laughed, indicating that they had no plans whatsoever to stop business. So--more good news.

I also asked about the "Deer Creek kits" I'd heard about. He said that they did sometimes have them, but that they're not currently in production. He said they're a mountain rifle style, and sell, when they are selling, for around $260.

So, there we go. Good news for all concerned.

I think their Deer Creek kits are leftover or reproduced CVA guns or parts one is a ringer for the old Mt. Rifle by CVA.

I built one of those kits a few years back. They aren't high dollar parts, etc., but I liked the end result. I've been told they make their own barrels and also been told they use a CVA barrel. Dunno which is true, but the barrel on mine was very good quality. As far is difficulty in building, it's right on par with a GPR kit. I actually liked the Deer Creek rifle better than my GPR but I ended up giving it to my grandson. He took first place with it in his age bracket in a major local match.

Here's a link to some notes on the building and shooting of that rifle:
[url] http://www.mikeswillowlake.com/deer_creek_rifle.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i was out there to pick some parts to build an underhammer a couple of months ago, and in chatting with the lady and gentleman who run the operation, found that they used to make their own barrels in their heyday, but as business tapered down, they couldn't keep the employees they had, and eventually sold the equipment, and dropped to being a mom and pop retail outfit. (this is probably not the 100% story, but close enough)

The phone was probably busy with me having him look for a barrel :grin:

I found a cva 12 guage kit sxs shotgun at Friendship this year, and it needed everything except the stock and barrels. I got it for 75.00, and Deer Creek had all the parts I needed :thumbsup: I am now into a complete kit for 250.00.

I was in need of a barrel for this Springfield Hawken, and Deer Creek shipped me one. The barrel was close, but not exactly the right barrel. I shipped it back.

I have had good luck dealing with them, but no website, no call waiting etc....

Not just because I am from Indiana, but most folks from the Midwest are pretty trust worthy

Just got off the phone with Kevin ( one of the new owners) the business is still up and running. ( have them looking for a stock for me) They hope to have the H&A and a Mowery rifle available this summer and maybe even a Mountain Rifle. way back in the day, they had 2 barrel machines, but one got sold off as business fell off. they hope to have a second up and running soon

I wish they would go online. If they brought back the H&A Underhammers I'd be tickled!

Latest posts

Back