• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deep river rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jedidiah the wriggle engraving is at the muzzle of the rifle. It's done with a wide flat graver that is rock back and forth.
Thank you , I did not know that.! I learn something almost every time I sign on. Thanks again!

Here is a North Carolina Deep river school rifle that I'm just finishing up. It has a FCI barrel that's 46" long and .45 caliber. The lock is a Chambers late Keyland with Davis set trigger plate and internals with my triggers. All other hardware I made.
As always beautiful work Mr. Barker!

Hatman, my steel and iron gets a good rusting from Dangler's browning solution then I simmer it in hot water till it turns black. Pull it out and scrub it back, usually with a green 3M pad and WD40 until I get the look I want.

You definitely do Awesome work. I also like the patch box lid. very cool and different.

Here is a North Carolina Deep river school rifle that I'm just finishing up. It has a FCI barrel that's 46" long and .45 caliber. The lock is a Chambers late Keyland with Davis set trigger plate and internals with my triggers. All other hardware I made.
I will publically make a very unselfish offer. Send that rifle my way and I would be glad to take it out and do some shooting and report my scientific findings. I will also graciously offer a free cleaning service after each time I take it. Heck, I will even throw free storage space in a climate controlled safe to sweeten the deal. I know, I know, it's taking one for the team but I need to take the high road here.

Back