• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daniel Boone TV Series on MeTV

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickc01

45 Cal.
Reaction score
FYI, I discovered that the old Daniel Boone TV series with Fess Parker is on MeTV, weekdays at 9:00am eastern time. We have ATT Uverse and for us it is channel 136.

If you are anything like me and fondly remember those shows (as bad as they were from an HC/PC perspective), you may want to check to see if your cable carrier has MeTV. I know I'm enjoying watching them...Mick :hatsoff:

They ARE pretty bad, but I still can't help myself. I record some and watch when my wife isn't around. :grin:

It's amazing how many stars were on that show. I always liked Fess Parker, just seemed like a good guy.

I would love to see a really good D. Boone and/or David Crockett movie come out.

I'm a fan from way back and still watch that on metv.
them ol' boys sure can reload fast and shoot straight. :wink:

Heck, I have the DVD set, been watching them for years...I was 9 when they came out, the perfect age to enjoy them...

My grandson watches them with me, we certainly kill a bunch of Indians when he is here...

This is a picture from a couple of years ago, after we had had a Daniel Boone marathon!!

DanielBoone.jpg

You can find all the shows on Youtube too. Just search for Daniel Boone and they will come up. I search for each season so I can at least find them in some sort of order.

I've been watching them for a while now. Brings back good memories from my childhood.

Yea its been playing for years on TV here in north Ala. Many of use grew up watching Fess and ED save Kentuck week after week and Im positive it was those shows that inspired many of us to enjoy this hobby and way of life that we so enjoy so much to this day.

I have the disk set love them. Cannot believe would tear the tires of the old bike getting home to watch it on Disney on sun nites. LOL

Snakebite said:
I would love to see a really good D. Boone and/or David Crockett movie come out.

It'll never happen in this day and age. They'd be portrayed as either maladjusted drug addicts or bigoted child molesters, or both.

True, look at how they portrayed Davy in the recent Alamo movie. They tried to paint him as a coward. There is something wrong with the current crop of hollyweird goofs that feel the need to make all of our countries hero's look like losers and racists.

Sure he was redeemed at the end, but during the build up to the fighting, they had Davy saying stuff like "I thought the fighting was over" and act like he was afraid that there would be any type of fighting. They had him tell Bowie that it is only because of his reputation that he's stickin around, otherwise he would be jumping over the wall and running away. I'm sure the real Davy was somewhere between John Wayne and Billy Bob Thornton. They also put too much faith in the questionable diary of that Mexican solder. Some of which has been discredited or so I've heard.

Seems I recall reading somewhere that David Crockett did confide in Suzanna Dickinson that he would like to slip out in the middle of the night and if it weren't for him being David Crockett, he would...

A man would have been a fool that wanted to stay, they knew what was in store for them...

So true, but so many of them did stay and they knew what was in store for them. If they had all ran Texas probably wouldn't be part of the USA.

Even in this movie old Davy stuck around and put it all on the line. But not like the Duke did. :haha:

I have a Lancaster I bought off of GB a few years ago with brass and nickel wire inlaid in the butt with the initials FP. I've looked for some provenance tying it to Fess, but so far haven't found any. If somehow I do, the value of it will be much greater (if I can find the right guy to agree and buy it that is).

Back