• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Tennon Pin Mod/Upgrade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacarper

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but wanted to share the idea in case anyone is interested (bear in mind it's also probably not historically accurate): I'm a big fan of completely removing the barrel for cleaning, but was hesitant about constantly removing the tenon pins in a wood stock and potentially causing wear/over sizing over time.

So my solution was to add/install brass bushings to help prevent any damage to the wood when removing the pins. It was an easy upgrade and works great! Pins are .093" and he bushings are .125" with a .014" wall thickness.

Attachments

• 20220306_094119.jpg
    20220306_094119.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220306_094112.jpg
    20220306_094112.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Where did you find the bushings, I love that fix and might try it on mine.
I picked up the bushings at my local Ace Hardware. It was just .125" stock tubing. I haven't looked but you could also try McMaster-Carr (they would probably have a lot more size options.)

Latest posts

Back