• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Squirrel rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Hayes

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought a CVA squirrel rifle today for $150. Never seen one before and since i don't have a .32 i couldn't pass it up. Does anyone know anything about them?

You got a fine little rifle. I paid 115.00 for mine(cheap).Not made any more. I shoot .20grs of 3ff and .311 ball in mine. Mine is a cap lock. They did come in flint too. Killed 19 groundhogs straight with mine. You will like it Iam sure.Mine was made in 83. The catalog shows mine for 170.00. Dilly

I have one, they are straight shooting little rifles. Mine is also a .32cal. They have been out of production for probably about 25 years now and were made in 32 and 36cal. you could also get 45cal barrels as an accessory for them. The load I use for small game hunting is 25grs Goex 3f, .310 ball w/ .018 patch.
I don`t see them for sale that often. You got a good deal. :hatsoff:

I bought one when they first came out with them.
Really a tack driving rifle. I took so many tree rats with it, I can't count the number. ( To high).
You will like it.
I used a .310 RB and 20 gr. of 3 F.

I bought a .36 cal in kit form about 20 years ago for (IIRC) in the $160 neighborhood. Also included was a .50 cal barrel. Good shooter. Haven't shot it much the last ten years or so, saving it for my grandson now.

Tater won a 32CVA kit at a shoot many moons ago. I put it together for him and it's a great little rifle. His load is 15gr-3f w/310RB & 015 patch. It's a squirrel killin machine.

mine was a kit offerred in a catalog by "coombs"and it cost $145..its size made it god t oteach kids on, my now 25 year old grandson shot it for 10 years, util he got a Lyman..I found my bore a little underszed coompared t oa DGW Tn poor boy in .32 Hank

I have one in .36. I haven't shot it for a few years now. One, you have to clean the barrel after 2 shots (black powder of Pyrodex, makes no difference) and two (here's the big one) the end of the ramrod won't hold the cleaning jag anymore.

I'd love to get a new ramrod for it, but I haven't found any and I cringe on making a wooden one for it as hard as I have to push to clean it out after a couple of shots.

It's a good shooter though.

Outdoorman

It is pretty easy to put a new ramrod end on. There is a step by step post on here.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can put new ends on ramrods.

The problem is it is a metal ramrod. One end has a screw-on brass end. The other end is open with threads for a cleaning jag or other things. It has become stripped and will not hold anything.

That's my problem. I shoot my Blue Ridge .32 instead.

Outdoorman

This post couldn't have come at a better time. I just looked at a rifle that fits this very description, and was ready to post a question about price on it. Reload you have saved me a lot of trouble. Great comments by the way. Sounds like the $150 asking price is in line.

Latest posts

Back