• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Pistol Manual?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmerstutzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I just picked up a CVA Mountain Pistol. I like to have at least a copy of the manual that came in the package. I already have a copy of the parts diagram from a an old parts catalogue. Just need a copy, photocopy, etc of the manual for that pistol.

Can any one help out?

I don't believe CVA published any manuals for their guns, other than a generic, "You can build it. You can shoot it" booklet that had some very general build instructions in it.

I was poking around in the detritus this morning and out popped the original booklets that were in an old 1970's vintage CVA Kentucky Pistol kit. Two booklets, one with assembly instructions (quite general, applicable to any of the CVA kits, flint or cap) and the other with 'shooting' instructions. I could scan those and send off the images if that would be of any use. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Fancy smancy word there Mykeal ,detritus, I had to look it up. I am assuming you use it as in definition 2b.

de·tri·tus (d-trts)
n. pl. detritus
1. Loose fragments or grains that have been worn away from rock.
a. Disintegrated or eroded matter: the detritus of past civilizations.
b. Accumulated material; debris: "Poems, engravings, press releases he eagerly scrutinizes the detritus of fame" (Carlin Romano).

Back