• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva Kentucky Pistol Misfire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky_BP50cal

32 Cal
Reaction score
My cva pistol is not setting off caps takes like 3 try's for them to fire looking at the cap it is pushing all the priming compound into a little dot in the center of the cap I installed a new nipple no help never had this problem before is the spring to weak ?

My cva pistol is not setting off caps takes like 3 try's for them to fire looking at the cap it is pushing all the priming compound into a little dot in the center of the cap I installed a new nipple no help never had this problem before is the spring to weak ?
Could be your spring as WH said, BUT make sure the hammer is hitting the nipple so face of the hammer and the face of the nipple are parallel.

With the gun unloaded place a cap on, rest the hammer on the nipple/cap and hit the back of the hammer with a plastic headed mallet. This might help you find out the issue as far as manspring. Maybe try another batch of caps too.
Larry

Ok thanks never seen caps do that their #11 Winchester magnum's i have some cci 11s to try first time i used the Winchester caps them come to think of it.

Last edited:
I currently have a tin of CCI magnum caps that are duds no matter what gun I put them on.

What kind of pistol? I had a problem like this on an old Walker reproduction. Turned out that the barrel wedge was slightly undersized so the hammer pushed the cylinder and barrel forward ~1/64 of an inch and in the process lost enough energy to crush the cap into the nipple without popping it. I

Back