• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva 45cal #00696211 date rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody can tell with only that info.
What is it, a Hawken? A Mountain Rifle?
A Kentucky? A,,,?
If you can find no other markings to identify the rifle a photo will help us help you :wink: :grin:

With the exception of the cap and ball pistols and the early Mountain Rifle (that is marked Made in USA) to the best of my knowledge ALL of the rifles and shotguns that were imported by CVA came from Spain.

Most of the Spanish guns were made by Ardesa.

The CVA cap and ball pistols were made in Italy.

As you are asking, I assume there is no "Made in Spain" marked on the barrel.
If this is true, there should be some markings on the barrel which are usually on the bottom flat.

These will say something like 700kp/cm and they represent the Spanish Proof Mark.

Well, I see it is percussion without a set trigger, but there is not enough picture for me to tell anything more.

Its the Kentucky. Has the 2 piece stock. If you hit previous when you go to his picture, it shows a better view.
1330225646.jpg

Nothing real fancy or worth anything in high value. They are a work horse meat and potatoes kind of gun. A lot of people get their start in muzzleloading on guns like that.

Looks like she could use a good refinish job.

That's the Kentucky alright,, a fine shooter if it's set up right.
They started with those things in 71`.

The pre-cursor was the Jukar. Tuff part about serial numbers is the digits don't always mean a sequencial order, they can contain other info like the run line, factory or shipment #,,

I'd guess with a 6 digit number your looking at one of the first few years,,1971-1974??
Just a guess mind ya. :wink:

I've got one of them, barrel reads the same with serial#0041721, bought it from a fellow forum member here. Absolute tack driver, I thank him every time I shoot it....

I got the same gun to. I won many rondy shoots with it. my load is 60 grns. of FFg and a cast .440 ball witha .015 patch. or 40 grns of FFFg. same ball. I mite take it out today.

Latest posts

Back