• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA.45 parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can get lock plate screws for a .45 CVA pistol. It's an old kit that I may buy from my friend. I also have no idea what its worth is. Anyone got an idea ?
Thanks for your help,
Larry

The lock screws are metric. Most hardware and auto parts stores should have something that would work. Just be sure to take your lock plate with you.

Parts for the old CVA guns can be purchased from Deer Creek. They don't have a web site but they are good people to deal with. Here's how to contact them:

Deer Creek Products
6989 E Michigan Rd
Waldron, IN 46182

(765) 525-6181

With no idea of which CVA kit your looking at I might be a bit off but I would expect to pay somewhere around $70 to $90 for one of their pistol kits if it was all there.

Length of the screw is also important especially if the rear screw exits the lock plate beneath the hammer.

and Metric screws/bolts have two different pitches,,go figure!!!!!so the thread might be correct in count and wrong in the pitch angle!!!!!!

A little word of caution , don,t crank down hard on the lock bolts , snug will be fine . If these bolts are tightened tooo much it will cause you many problems .
:thumbsup:

gordy said:
A little word of caution, don't crank down hard on the lock bolts, snug will be fine. If these bolts are tightened too much it will cause you many problems.
:thumbsup:
What Gordy said... :applause:

Back