• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom T/C

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaho

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought a 54 Cal from a boy in Alaska. Decided it didn't shoot as well as I liked so I bought a GM barrel and just for the heck of it, refinished the rifle with Tong oil. Turned out good and shoots really well ( 1" in 50) with 75 grs of FF2. My question, is that I use a mixture of olive oil and beeswax to protect the barrel (my form of bore butter). I have also found that if I use this mixture to wipe the stock down it really seams to help the looks. Does anyone else do this sort of thing?

Do you have any pictures of your beast? OH, and I use olive oil for my stock. It works good.

Do you use the olive oil as a finish on the stock, or just to keep it in good condition after the finish had set?

I do! same mix...olive oil and bees wax. sometimes I use bore butter. I wipe the barrel first and take whats left on the rag or patch and wipe the entire stock.

Brett

I use the olive oil/ Beeswax as a polish more or less to help protect the finish. I ususally finish using Tong Oil

Back