• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Curley Ash TVM southern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my 14 yo. son decided he wanted to trade his tulle for a rifle. and this is the gun that caught his eye. Its a TVM southern done in curley ash. It's beautiful, I havent seen an ash stock before and i was truly impressed. Are there alot of ash stocked guns out there? Its 45 cal. green mountain barrel with davis triggers. We went to the range today, i cut a notch in the rear sight as this gun is brand new and you can see his first 4 shots from the bench at 25 yds. the second target is off hand at 25 yds. The gun seemed to like 60 gr. FFF. 440 ball and .015 ticking. I am afraid if he practices a little bit more i'm in trouble!
002-17.jpg

001-18.jpg

003-14.jpg

005-7.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

From the looks of those targets You are allready in trouble!
Looks like your son made a great trade!
:thumbsup:

Very nice, I like the color, What stain? Thats reason they have youth shoots, so old farts like me don't have to shoot against dead eyes like him.

Bob

Killer....I sure hope you are enjoying these days of shooting with your son. This brings back so many memories of years gone by when my boys were young and were hanging out at the range with Dad. Really, deep down inside, the goal is for the student to eventually out shoot the instructor. In more recent years, my oldest became a police officer like Dad and we got to enjoy that comradre again on the police combat range. By the way, he's still the student.

I really do enjoy shooting with my kids. I also have a 12 year old daughter that is just getting into it also. I am certain they will both out shoot me eventually but until that day comes i'm still king :rotf: In all seriously though it is great to spend time with your children doing something we all enjoy and i will cherish these times. The boy is already talking with girls and i no my time is short....

My youngest son has gone with me squirrel hunting with my flint locks a few times. Him using my .32cal and me using the .36cal. He had mostly been into the tactical stuff. AR's and nylon webbing. However, he's been looking on the web for some traditional clothing and has been asking me about getting a flinter for himself lately, so all is not lost. It does this old man's heart a world of good to watch this transformation taking place. I haven't been pushing him. Just watching nature taking it's course.

Vern

Rich, you are right. It is just a straight grain ash stock. We have built with some curly and birdseye in the last couple of years, but not this one. It does have an unusual look to it and catchs a person's eye. Sure hope it is enjoyed for lots of years to come.
Slash

Back