• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Country of Turkey CNC Work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Turkey makes fine high quality modern shotguns and pistols, all fine modern work using CNC machinery; now, if only someone worked with them to make some type of muzzleloaders or black powder guns of some sort, it would give the India-made market a run for it's money! The dollar exchange rate is very favorable now, as well. (I believe they now prefer to call the country 'Turkiya', maybe my spelling is a bit off. )

Turkey makes fine high quality modern shotguns and pistols, all fine modern work using CNC machinery; now, if only someone worked with them to make some type of muzzleloaders or black powder guns of some sort, it would give the India-made market a run for it's money! The dollar exchange rate is very favorable now, as well. (I believe they now prefer to call the country 'Turkiya', maybe my spelling is a bit off. )
We have what you’re thinkin, Kibler. The hell with sending our money elsewhere than the USA! I’d rather wait years to afford an American built an designed kit than save $300 dollars and support a Muslim country like turke.

I was thinking revolvers or trade muskets, etc. We all send money overseas; our gasoline (oil from murderous Saudi), many items in our homes from China, clothes from Pakistan and Vietnam, the list goes on. I agree with you but the world is what it is and I, too, greatly admire Kiblers, but he's not going to be making any BP revolvers or whatever anytime soon. The quality issues with India-made muskets stymie many re-enactors, and an affordable alternative to India would be welcome. (Most if not all automobile replacement parts from your local auto parts store are also Chinese!) I'd like to buy shoes from an American maker but most sneakers are Chinese. Thanks.

I agree with the statement about most products are foreign made. For shoes, there are still one or two made in the US. For car parts, another true statement. But, I recently bought an American made windshield for my vintage/ classic car. It cost me twice what the Chinese one was going for. But it was well worth it. The quality was absolute top of the line.

I have held Indian made muzzleloaders. I didn’t find them particularly appealing fit and finish-wise.

A friend recently bought a double barrel Turkish made shotgun. It is beautiful, until you look a little more closely.

As for the country being what it is, there is a reason for it being known as “The sick man of Europe”.

As for me, U.S.A. all the way whenever possible.

I did ask a distributor about that very topic. He asked his contact at Yildiz , a shotgun maker. He was told muzzle loaders would not sell . I told him a used pedersoli double was very expensive, a less expensive one would sell here. No reply.

Back