• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

copper pots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Famous Bill Marler said, “You'd have to drink from a copper cup every meal of every day for 25 years," to be affected from it.
See i love moscow mule I recently read an blog on Are Copper Mugs Poisoning You?. and i got to know Drinking something that’s been lying inside a copper mug for more than 2 hours is not safe to consume. However, the important thing to note here is that there are no credible sources that suggest how long do you need to keep a drink into a copper vessel for the harmful reaction to occur.

So its quiet debatable topic

So its quiet debatable topic

Actually...., it's testable. But since there isn't a huge problem with copper contamination of food, then I doubt the money would be spent on an actual test.

Again I can't think of much else other than something with actual vinegar, that is more acidic than boiling down and cooking apple butter in a copper pot, over a couple hours. (Well perhaps the Royal Navy experiment with boiling down lemon/lime juice was more acid..., still no copper problems, just the chemical destruction of the Vitamin C because they didn't know better.) Anyway...in Maryland (pre-COVID) just about any craft fair that you attend there is at least one apple butter maker...whether it's a local church doing it to raise money or an actual artisan food maker, . No problems with the stuff.

LD

Just watched a Townsend vid on life at sea. He had a memoir of a sailor that complained about crew getting sick at sea and the problem was run down to the cook not cleaning the pots. The bottoms were all green with neglect. Must have been the verdigris that got them.

Back