• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Connecticut Newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greeting from the eastern CT.
I am new to BP.
Had been a Field Artillery soldier for the RI National Guard for 11 yrs.

Never shot a BP pistol or long gun before but i just bought one this week from Budk and intend to have fun plinking after i learn the proper mechanics and procedures.

I ordered a book and will be watching a lot of videos. I may look for an NRA instructor to teach my wife and i proper way to safely load and fire my new Pietta .44 .

I look forward to learning from you all.
Howdy neighbor from western Connecticut!

Howdy neighbor from western Connecticut!
I need to meet more BP folks. I have become fascinated by it all. My pistol is scheduled to arrive wednesday. Unfortunately i havent found BP or caps but i will try cabellas tomorrow, G*d willing.

Greeting from the eastern CT.
I am new to BP.
Had been a Field Artillery soldier for the RI National Guard for 11 yrs.

Never shot a BP pistol or long gun before but i just bought one this week from Budk and intend to have fun plinking after i learn the proper mechanics and procedures.

I ordered a book and will be watching a lot of videos. I may look for an NRA instructor to teach my wife and i proper way to safely load and fire my new Pietta .44 .

I look forward to learning from you all.
Welcome from the opposite side of CT.

I need to meet more BP folks. I have become fascinated by it all. My pistol is scheduled to arrive wednesday. Unfortunately i havent found BP or caps but i will try cabellas tomorrow, G*d willing.
Go down to the section about regions and peruse the northeast.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/forums/northeast.54/There are some posts about CT. including some from our man @Grimord who is part of Niantic Sportsman's Club. They have an active black powder scene. Probably find some help there.

I need to find a shooting group. The quiet corner doesnt have a lot going on.

Back