• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Concerning the vote on modern muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also voted yes and would like to keep them i own one and in nj it is a better option than a shotgun for 6 day fire arme season but my hart is with the flintlocks

I don't see it as a big deal -- I can scroll right past it and it causes me no heartburn.

CS

Claude, you could just re-shuffle the list of categories a little and finish consolidating the full set of traditional and historical sections and categories like you started out to do;

Then you could consolidate all the modern inline related weapons, hunting, discussions, into a completely separate section...like having two forums in one so to speak

I voted to keep the section. To me caplocks are too modern, and to a matchlock shooter a flinter is too modern. It is all just a matter of what era your interest is. As many others have said, those that shoot the inlines are part of the muzzleloading community, and as such should be welcomed in. Again as many others have said, they may yet see the light, of course I say that to my sidelock cap shooter friends too :crackup:
To quote one of our founding fathers "united we stand, divided we fall". :m2c:

I voted to keep them.
We all share a love for the same sport.
We just go about it differently.

Huntin

I voted to retain the Inline section, although I do not own, or ever intend on owning an inline, or ever look at that section.
This discussion could be taken a step further, as follows: Whilst I am a member of MLML & Yahoo LRML, I no longer VISIT these sites since I discovered TMF, therefore, I would like TMF to become The Black Powder Forum which would cover ALL BP firearms and be my one-stop-shooting forum (I don't know anything about smokeless powder apart from it doesn't make enough smoke when it goes BANG, nor does it smell proper! :crackup:). :imo: OR if this is too radical, then another SECTION where BP "cartridge" firearms could be discussed.

I own 7 ML's as well as 45/70 rifle, 44/40 revolver & 12g SXS hammer shotgun, which I would like to be able to discuss on this extremely knowledgeable & friendly forum.

Jim.
:thumbsup:

seems like I also miss understood the question and voted yes. meant to vote to keep inlines included. I enjoy just reading the post to educate myself. We are still gun owners and must stick together.

"When we take our smoothbores out to the range or for a hunt od we jump on a horse or do we drive a modern vehicle to get there" Wow, I've heard that twisted logic before...I think it came from the far side of our galaxy..maybe from Pluto ...or Uranus.

Hmmm I may have miss voted also..I'm not sure (read, I can't remember). I think the modern forum should be kept. I am under the impression that the reason for the "vote" is due to some members of the forum(s) bickering among themselves. If this is indeed the reason, then don't kill all the dogs 'cause a couple of them have fleas. Just ban the offenders from the forum instead of banning the forum. Personaly, I have no use for inlines and such, but the people who do, have need of a forum too. Like has been said, we are all basically on the same side here. We all need to stick together.

I couldn't vote, but that's okay. After my vote didn't go through I saw that I was trying to vote to drop them, not to keep them as intended, but hey, I'd just worked 12 hours and that's my excuse, well that and illiteracy.

But I still think they should have to use a patched round ball for m/l seasons.

That sounds like a good idea, but I'd also like to say no components of modern ammunition allowed.

I'm a hard core flin'eer shooter from way back, and voted yes. I consider black powder shooting a sport rather than a life style. It is up to US to teach younger generations the sport. The moderns do have a place as well as the traditionals. just like the ol saying,"You keep your side of the street clean and I'll keep mine." I don't ever plan on owning one, touching one, or shooting one but I'll help those who do. We should all be greatful that we have this privilege of shooting wheather it be primitive or modern. :m2c: :redthumb:

I voted to keep em :sorry: They do need somewhere to go and discuss thier problems that they have with thier new fangled do-hickeys. :crackup: :crackup:
I do believe that they need to start putting restrictions on em for the primitive hunting seasons though! :imo: Patched roundball and open sights, no scopes! :nono: But then again, thats just my opinion. :m2c:

Back