• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Concerning the smoking of pipes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm: My dear departed wife is in her grave ten years and she didn't inhale either---yeah Cancer--- :shake:

Notice things that produce smoke have a way of venting the same. It is not the smoke, it is the heat and retention of the carbon they will get us.

My wife also smoked for many many years and wound up with bladder cancer and is lucky but has to wear a pouch after it was removed (9 hour surgery with complications) The pouch is constant maintenance. I have to change it at least twice a week which takes me about 1/2 hour if all goes OK not to mention the cost.
The doc says it is 100% from smoking. No one smokes in our home any more!
I used to use a pipe but gave it up.
Dusty
:(

I gave up smoking 21 years ago TODAY. So it is an anniversary for me today. I love pipe tobacco but quitting for me was one of the most difficult things I ever did. I was over a pack of cigarettes a day. I just can't trust the fact that if I went back to a pipe I might go back to cigarettes. For me it has to be 100% quiting. Quitting was also the best thing I ever did.
Enjoying a bowl of pipe tabacco around a camp fire after a great meal would be great way to take in a quiet evening, Just not an option for me.

Pat Cameron

I'm not sure of the exact date in late January, but it is 27 years for me. I gave up everything but one cigar a day for 5 years, fell off the wagon and smoked my pipe for 7 years (didn't go back to cigarettes for some reason), and finally gave up completely...I agree it was one of the hardest things I ever did. At one point, I was such a miserable cuss that my wife and daughter urged me to start smoking again...Hank

I've been a pipe smoker for nearly 60 years. Pipe smoking apparently doesn't hae the devastating effect of cigarettes. I have never tried a pipe-tomahawk and don't intend to. The favorite pipe materials are all porous: briar, meerschaum, corn cobs and clay. An iron or steel pipe bowl may be pc, but I can't imagine it would provide a good smoke. :confused: If someone wants to smoke a pipe he should start with a corn cob. Not pc, however, but they smoke well. Buy a good English blend of tobacco. Le the pipe rest a couple of days after each day's smoking. You should have at least three pipes. Clean them well. Don't inhale. Smoke slowly. A good pipe of tobacco goes well with cognac or rum. :thumbsup: graybeard

Back