• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Revolving Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with the reproduction "Colt Revolving Rifle"
Is it shootable, or just a wall hanger?
I have had two of the Uberti Remington revolving carbines. They shot ...OK... but the BLAST was something else, hard on the cheek for grease ,cap,and powder splatter.
I really had to shoot it with the gun extended as a pistol.
Is the Colt any better?
Are they any good?
I WANT ONE!
But I also want to shoot it. Without going to the hospital.
Old Ford

I haven't shot one or even seen one except the magazine article in one of the gun rags (shooting times?) awhile back but remember the in-depth write up as saying it did OK but accuracy wasn't anything to brag on. they are unique looking gun. powerful too. seems I remember some of the parts in the original were prone to fail and the design didn't catch on. the NRA mag had a write-up about also I recollect.

Can't speak to the new ones, but the old ones were never very popular. They were awkward to shoot. You have to keep both hands behind the cylinder gap or you'll fry the arm that supports the barrel. And a chain fire will really ruin your day if you are holding the gun in the normal way. So you either have to shoot from a rest all the time or hold it with the non trigger hand supporting the rifle under the trigger hand. Very awkward with a gun this long and heavy. The Remington carbine that is available works better because it's based on the revolver frame and is short and light so the modified two handed revolver hold works O.K.

Back