• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning of the breechplug face???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scrapers are only of use with a plain, old fashioned flintlock breech anyway. I just use mine every once in a while in case hard crud has built up. The truth is I doubt I'd miss it if I lost it.

I must be doing something wrong. Never owned or used a breech plug scraper. My lights show my breeches to be clean and bright. I do have a bristle brush that goes into the breech area and a couple turns of that do the trick. The rest is just water and patches.

When I'm sitting around a camp fire, I also heat up a .30 caliber brass jag to red hot and I drop it down the breech to help dry that breech recess. It does the trick.

Dan

Back