• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Civil War camp hat 100% wool

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Civil war camp hat, natural 100% wool with red trim.
The camp hat is copied from the original shown on page 88 of “Soldier Life” Voices of the Civil War. The same hat is also on page 189 of “Echoes of Glory” Union edition.

These colorful and comfortable camp hats were popular on both sides when the armies went into winter camp and they could get packages from home.

$55. Shipped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hand made, 100% wool brown Voyager hat.

Civil war camp hat, natural 100% wool with red trim.
The camp hat is copied from the original shown on page 88 of “Soldier Life” Voices of the Civil War. The same hat is also on page 189 of “Echoes of Glory” Union edition.

These colorful and comfortable camp hats were popular on both sides when the armies went into winter camp and they could get packages from home.

Either hat, $70. Shipped
You need two ads unless you're going to sell the hats for one price, together.

LD

I feel your pain. It was only 87 here in Virginia, after two weeks in the 90s. Going down to 70 tonight, I better lay in a good supply of wood!

I better lay in a good supply of wood!
I have all of my summer bbq wood left from not using it over the summer.
It was just WAY too dry to start a real fire, so I had to use charcoal in my hibachi.
I plan to camp with the Texas Army at Gonzales on Oct 7 for the Come and Take It Festival and Reenactment, so I SURE hope the weather cools off a good bit. Maybe even enough to wear this hat!
Looking forward to getting it.
Thanks,
Colonel John A.
1836 Texas Army

I received the hat today, and I'm totally pleased with it! :thumb:
Studying the troop photo, I have to decide if I want to wear it to the right or the left.
I think to the left, like the guy on the left smoking a pipe.
Rather jaunty looking, I dare say!

Now, if we would just get some cooler weather so that I don't get it all sweaty!
My purchase went as smooth as could be. I recommend GreyGus as an honest craftsman, and hope he offers more of his goods for sale.

Brazos John
aka
Col. John A.
1836 Texas Army

I received the hat today, and I'm totally pleased with it! :thumb:
Studying the troop photo, I have to decide if I want to wear it to the right or the left.
I think to the left, like the guy on the left smoking a pipe.
Rather jaunty looking, I dare say!

Now, if we would just get some cooler weather so that I don't get it all sweaty!
My purchase went as smooth as could be. I recommend GreyGus as an honest craftsman, and hope he offers more of his goods for sale.

Brazos John
aka
Col. John A.
1836 Texas Army
Thank you for the kind remarks, we aim to please😀

That was me!
I can heartily recommend GreyGus and his wares.
I hope he sells a lot!

And, in case you wondered, the Mexican Army tried to Come and Take It, but they were repelled!

And we're going to kick their butts in San Antonio next Spring, and send them running! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back