• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Center Hammer "Muff" Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike--

Indeed, very good side views cutaways!!! I emailed CT Muzzleloaders and have not heard back from them yet to try to find out where they got those images and if they have any other info on these beautiful pistols.

Meanwhile, I am really enjoying my build of the Twigg Muff Pistol from parts I bought from TRS. The predicament is there are parts and aspects shown in that CT Muzzleloaders images that I do not have with the TWIGG parts I received. My trigger spring assembly is quite different from what is shown here with that screw holding it in place.

You have to admit this is a sweet design with the mainspring directly inline with the cock/hammer applying its force to the back of cock/hammer, and using the curve of the metal in the pistol handle as support for the spring itself. So straightforward. And a design that was more like what was to become with the evolution of firearms (cartridge firing with hammer and spring directly behind the cartridge) than the sidelock design.

Futuristic baby. :thumbsup: :grin:

Capt jas and others:

I found "The Queen Anne Pistol, 1660-1780" by Burgoyne to be a good resource although the eleven paragraph section dedicated singularly to the single barrel Boxlock had me salivating for more. ...Is that all there is? I asked.

Although after reading it six times and reading through the book cover to cover and the appendix's --- I am very grateful for the recommendation and I definitely prize the photos in this book.

CT Muzzleloaders website is certainly useful. too.

Now I am trying to figure out the best ball size and powder amount for my 45 caliber screw barrel boxlock that I am building.

Back