• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cased 1860 Army with Shoulder Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough

40 Cal
Reaction score
It took me quite a while to put this set together, but I really like it.

Armi San Marco Colt 1860 Army (date code BC/1993) 4-screw frame cut for shoulder stock with an Uberti full-fluted cylinder, ASM spare round engraved cylinder, Pietta Colt Type 3 shoulder stock (with some nice wood!), Colt type powder flask, Colt type 2-cavity (ball and conical) bullet mould, Colt type L-shaped nipple wrench, Eley cap tin (pillbox), and an English-style fitted case.

I have not shot it much with the stock; interesting to do so (I have GOOD eye protection!) and keep my off hand behind the cylinder:

Regards,

Jim

That’s a beauty! Well done! ASM and Uberti both have the form and dimensions right. It’s particularly noticeable in the shapes of the loading levers.

Actually, truth be told, I initially thought this was listed “for sale”! I was already wondering how to explain it to Mrs. Woodnbow... *whew!*

Actually, truth be told, I initially thought this was listed “for sale”! I was already wondering how to explain it to Mrs. Woodnbow... *whew!*

Have no fear, at least for a long while, sir! Just don't tell the Mrs. you were even thinking about it. Works well for me... sometimes. ;)

Remember that rib you were talking about for your 1860? How did that come out? If you had sent me a piece of it this 1860 might have become a donor "candidate".

Regards,

Jim

Have no fear, at least for a long while, sir! Just don't tell the Mrs. you were even thinking about it. Works well for me... sometimes. ;)

Remember that rib you were talking about for your 1860? How did that come out? If you had sent me a piece of it this 1860 might have become a donor "candidate".

Regards,

Jim
She knows better... sadly for me... I did get the rib, but I don’t have a donor yet. Plus, I’ve got another 1860 project in the works so I don’t have the time and money for both projects. Shoot me a PM with your address and I’ll send you the half I don’t need!

btw, I found a copy of the 1970 Navy Arms catalog and our target model 1860 Army and 1861 Navy are in there!

Back