• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabelas Purchase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just purchased the engraved 1860 Pietta from Cabelas. I was sick upon opening the box to find it scratched. I contacted Cabelas concerning it but they informed me all firearms sales were final and they would not exchange or offer a refund. I was informed I would need to contact Peitta concerning the issue. At this point I got a little confrontational with them and after a while on hold ("while they talked to a manager") they decided to make an exception to policy. Has anyone else had an issue like this from Cabelas? This is a first for me. This was the first BP revolver I bought from them, but I did so thinking it would be right or they would make it right. I was thinking of buying two more BP revolvers from them, but am now having second thoughts. :td:

Has anyone else had issues with them? :shocked2: It just really surprised me.

Nope, not like that.
Who ever you talked with the first time must not have known much.
I'm not sure what the policy is with modern guns but they've always had a no hassle policy with ML/Trad guns.
Your persistence paid off,, good for you, :thumbsup:

i think you must have gotten some young punk on the phone, the cabelas i dealt with on a damaged during shipping (muzzleloader) return/exchange was great = ie. no questions asked, no hassle, no extra expense, exchange for a new one! Cant say a whole lot else good about the store tho. :wink:

Never had a problem with them. I think your experience was out of the norm. Cabela's customer service with me has always been first rate.

After a problem I had with their customer service; I will NEVER buy anything from Cabela's ever again. They could close all their stores and go out of business and I would be extremely happy.

When they were a small family-owned mail order company in Kearney NE they were great to deal with. Prices were very reasonable. Now that they are a public company with big box destination stores all over the place their prices are way out of line, and service has gone to pot. Their "gunsmiths" are nothing more than scope installers, and they're not very good at that.

The only thing that is reasonably priced there these days are the hunting and fishing licenses. You can OCCASIONALLY find a reasonable bargain in the Bargain Cave, but it's caveat emptor, because they try to sell a lot of broken stuff there as functional that really ought to be in a garage sale or better still, in the trash.

Back