• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronrryan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I shot my 20 gauge Fusil. I had ordered something from Cabela's and had them throw in a pack of their 20 thou lubed patches. I usually shoot a wonderwad over 70 gr 3-F Goex, followed by a 20 thou oiled or ww patch on a 595 ball, gives good accuracy at 25 yards (our local range). The Cabelas patches seemed a little thin, the material not as robust as usual stuff. The shots, from the bench, over a block, were all over the place, on the paper, but not near the bull. I switched back to usual patches, groups went right back to 1 1/2 to 2 inches, as usual. Visual and finger inspection show the Cabelas patch to be flimsier than ww or oiled stuff from TOW, or spit ticking. If you are considering Cabelas patches, I suggest enjoying a beverage until the urge passes. Good smoke, ron in FLa

You should let them know this. Just call them up in Sidney NE and let the buyer know how poor they perform, how thin they were.

This is bad news as I have purchased 3 bags of these over the summer and now am going to find something else to use. I too thought that they were a little thin but have not shot them yet.
Thsnks for the info.

I have had the same problem which was good- I realized how cheap & easy it was to make lubed patches!

Financial outlay :(
poor accuracy :cursing:
learning from experince :redface:

my learning from your experience without the above, priceless :rotf:

Seriously though, thank you for the word on that.
bramble

I just used some of the Cabelas patches for my son's .32 Blue Ridge and I had to use 2 patches because of the .300 ball I used but did notice that the patches were shredded and burnt awefull after the shot.

These patches are not very tight at all and would not suggest them to you.

How do you make your lubed patches? I just bought some ticking today, and am not sue of the best way. Thanks , TBONE

Back