• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Cabelas 50 Caliber Barrel For Reboring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burlesontom

.50 Cal
Reaction score
I have a Cabelas 50 caliber barrel I bought off of EBay to have rebored to 54 caliber by Bobby Hoyt. I guess after a year or more I will never get it done. This barrel looks like it came from a kit gun someone tried to cold blue. Then shot it and didn't clean the bore. I believe the bore would probably still shoot accurately but I haven't tried it. Picture will show the bore. I started to defarb the billboard on the side but never finished the job. The price is $120 plus $20 for shipping.

I prefer USPS money orders or will take a personal check. The check will have to clear the bank before I will ship the gun. CONUS shipping only. know the laws where you live to be sure you can own this.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 0
Looks like this is a 28" - 29" barrel. I have a .54 barrel which I plan to sell once I find a .50. The condition of my bore is better than yours but it's a trade rifle barrel which previous owner tried to remove the breech. PM if interested. Thanks, Steve

What do the flats measure?
Whats the distance from the back of the barrel (not the hook) to the center of the lug?

Last edited:
Now you got me. I understand the hook. I understand 'the back of the barrel (not the breech). I'm not sure of the "lug". I took the .45 barrel from another stock it fits and the .54 fits the .45s stock. By lug do you mean where the wedge holds the barrel to the stock? That distance is 7⅞" Hope I've answered the question. Thanks, Steve

Looks like this is a 28" - 29" barrel. I have a .54 barrel which I plan to sell once I find a .50. The condition of my bore is better than yours but it's a trade rifle barrel which previous owner tried to remove the breech. PM if interested. Thanks, Steve

If you are talking to me I am in a selling mood. I have a Cabelas 54 but my plan was to have the barrel bored to 54 caliber with a 1/56 deep groove rifling. Or maybe even a 58 caliber.

Sound like you are not interested in a trade. Nothing wrong with that. So, you would prefer to sell the .50? Well, what's the lowest price, including shipping, you'll sell for? Steve

Now you got me. I understand the hook. I understand 'the back of the barrel (not the breech). I'm not sure of the "lug". I took the .45 barrel from another stock it fits and the .54 fits the .45s stock. By lug do you mean where the wedge holds the barrel to the stock? That distance is 7⅞" Hope I've answered the question. Thanks, Steve
That question was for the OP. Not for your barrel on his post. You may want to start your own classified post

Im interested, can you give me those measurements?

Here is a photo of the barrel. Maybe this will give you what you need. The barrel is 29" overall. 15/16" across the flats. From the back of the breach to the center of the lug is about 8.5". From the back of the barrel where the breech plug screws in its about 7.33" to the center of the lug. The breach plug is about 7/8" long.

This barrel will fit any of the Cabelas guns or Investarms guns. Also the Lyman rifles like the trade rifle which were made by Investrms and also the TC Hawken. But not the Renegade. The Renegade is 1" across the flats.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status